Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 handmade gifts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

candym
Chatty Knitter

343 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  07:57:24 AM  Show Profile Send candym a Private Message
I've found that it is true of any handmade item, knitted, painted, crafted, that there are always some people who don't appreciate the gift. Lucky for me, my gifts are recognized not just for the objects themselves, because what you are really giving is your time and your talent. That is a worthy investment.

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  09:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
This is true for all of us. We all have people that don't appreciate the handmade gift. Some people just don't realize how much time and love goes into making a gift. These are the people that think only a store purchased gift is what matters.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1748 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  10:42:48 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
Or they have different taste, likes, etc. When making gifts, it might be a good idea to spend a little time trying to find out if the person likes the type of things you like to make. If it's store-bought, it can be returned or exchanged. If not, the recipient is sort of stuck if they receive something they just don't like.

I made a scarf for my niece last year for Christmas, my SIL loved it, and kiddingly asked me to make them for all the sisters next year. I made another for another niece and her mom (my sis) told me she wanted to keep it, (just kidding, she never would do that.)

So, now I feel pretty sure if I take the time to knit similar scarves for my one sister and my sil, they will be appreciated. Why not either just ask if they'd like a knitted gift, or at least hint around and see what kind of reaction you get before spending all the time needed. Just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe