Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 found in a thrift shop
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  6:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
Today I decided to be a good mom (mealwise and pick up some steaks for dinner for my teenage son, DH, and sweet doggie. As I walked over to the butcher I made a pitstop at LYS but they were closed (what is the point of closing on Monday? Isn't everyone looking for a new project at the beginning of the week?) Anyone, disappointed, I walked past a thrift shop and on a whim went in and asked for knitting needles. Imagine my smile when the woman pulled out 2 large boxes and said "we just received these and put them out today. They are $1 a pair." There were tons of American aluminum needles in all the yummy colors & every size (I couldn't resist a pair of #5 in a bright emerald green, even though I rarely use American needles anymore)but mixed in were fabulous UK needles (my passion). I was able to find 5 pairs in different sizes. They were not identified with a company but the end with the size is red and the size is printed with yellow, the shaft is the aero-type coated metal. I also found some dp's in sizes I don't have. They were closing so I had to be fast but I am going back tomorrow first thing and taking my time!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe