Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 Gift from MIL
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbstewart
New Pal

27 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  7:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit bbstewart's Homepage Send bbstewart a Private Message
I've been knitting for not quite a year and although everyone in my family knows I knit and love all things knitterly, they had yet to give me any knitting gifts. I hinted but nobody seemed to catch on. This week, I got a copy of Knitting Rules by the Yarn Harlot from my MIL. My DH told her how much I like the Yarn Harlot so she got it for me. I was so surprised and happy. I think my family finally realizes how much knitting means to me.

What Row Am I On?
http://whatrowamion.blogspot.com

ghk
Warming Up

79 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  9:30:21 PM  Show Profile Send ghk a Private Message
How considerate of her! Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  04:13:28 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message
How nice of her! Hummm, now knit her something lovely

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

Beckyh
Gabber Extraordinaire

471 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  05:09:11 AM  Show Profile Send Beckyh a Private Message
A very thoughtful husband and mother-in-law!

Becky
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  06:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
My family watches me knit and never gives me anything having to do with knitting. I have even come out and said, Please get me "this" or please get me a gift certifcate to "this store". No. The funny part is they say I'm difficult to buy for which I laugh out. I make a list every year for dh (because he asks for it) of what I want (even put the store that is at). Can he get me 1 thing on the list, NO!

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  10:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Nice MIL and husband.

My DH never knows what to buy for me either. Maybe he thinks I don't need anything for knitting or glass projects. I always try to make it easy and tell him to get me gift certificates from the glass supply place near us or the LYS.

Maybe the husbands feel uncomfortable going to a "craft" store for something. Now, if it's from Home Depot or Lowe's, he would get it no problem. (Got me a soldering iron from there as a matter of fact once.)

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?