Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Ideal Knitting Bag
 Green Mountain Knitting Bags
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

linann
Warming Up

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  10:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Send linann a Yahoo! Message Send linann a Private Message

I just purchased a Green Mountain Knitting Bag and it is terrific!!!

I purchased a floor standing model in colors that co-ordinate with my living room so it can always sit out.

On the website it is under the sale bag link, the green and mauve one.
http://www.GreenMountainKnittingBags.com

You can see the love and care that went into the making of this bag. Everything is crafted with great care.

It is well worth the cost to own such a work of handcrafted beauty.

Linda

orangina
Seriously Hooked

821 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  10:54:42 AM  Show Profile Send orangina a Private Message
Oh wow, those are gorgeous. Something to think about, definitely!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  11:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Linda, You will love your bag.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

JustJackie
Chatty Knitter

265 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  2:36:46 PM  Show Profile Send JustJackie a Private Message
Linda,
Great choice! They're beautiful as well as funtional.I have a few of Marthas bags(love all of them) & the one like yours I also leave out in the living room. She does put love & care into all her bags & it shows.
Happy Knitting
Jackie
Go to Top of Page

Indywoman
New Pal

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  07:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Indywoman's Homepage Send Indywoman a Private Message
Linda,

That is one lovely bag. Martha's bags are gorgeous! The only problem with them is that they are habit forming. I can testify to that as a proud owner of "five" of her bags. In fact, I just recieved the Annie's Sock Bag this week. Now, let's talk about gorgeous. I love, love, love it. Martha outdone herself on this bag. You can see the bag on http://greenmountainknittingbags.com. Go into "Hall of Fame" and it's the only Annie's Sock Bag.

Once you see Martha's bags in person you can just see in the workmanship that her heart and soul go into each and every one.

Linda, I hope you love and enjoy your bag as much as I do mine.

[IMG]http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/knitsmile.gif[/IMG]Patty

MyBlog: Stitches In Pink
Go to Top of Page

JustJackie
Chatty Knitter

265 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  11:27:40 AM  Show Profile Send JustJackie a Private Message
Patty,
You are so right about them being habit forming I have 7 now .(have to stop)I just checked out your sock bag(it is gorgeous) & saw 2 of my bags there also. The tall baguette with straps & the oversized carpet w/straps & beautiful button.
Jackie
Go to Top of Page

Indywoman
New Pal

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  12:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Indywoman's Homepage Send Indywoman a Private Message
Jackie,

Your two bags are just beautiful as well.

I know what you mean about stopping. I must stop as well. [:((]

[IMG]http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/knitsmile.gif[/IMG]Patty

To read or not to read...that is the question! Stitches In Pink
Go to Top of Page

WarmFuzzy
Warming Up

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  5:31:45 PM  Show Profile Send WarmFuzzy a Private Message
I just got a bag today for my friend's upcoming birthday, she is extremely special and so is the bag. It is a soft chenille and a great geometric pattern, the floral ones would be a bit fussy for my friend, although I love the floral ones myself. Martha has outdone herself again, her work is consistently wonderful. Here's a link to the bag. .
http://www.greenmountainknittingbags.com/bagsforsale/carpet.htm
~Rhonda

Blog: HatboxRose
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  05:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Rhonda, What a lucky friend. I'm sure she will love it.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

linann
Warming Up

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  08:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Send linann a Yahoo! Message Send linann a Private Message

I am hooked!!!! I just purchased another bag from Martha.

I love the workmanship that she puts into her bags. They will last forever and are well worth the cost!!!!!!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

gulf knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
737 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  12:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulf knitter's Homepage Send gulf knitter a Private Message
I am very pleased with my portabella -- the design is unbelievably clever while at the same time being very simple. My husband, who is usually pleasant but disinterested on the topic of knitting accessories, looked at it for a long time, and then said, "this is really great." I hope you enjoy yours Linda as much as I have enjoyed mine. Sarah.
Go to Top of Page

Jardinier
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  02:41:04 AM  Show Profile Send Jardinier a Private Message
I love Martha's bags too. I have a Vintage Demi & an over-sized Carpet Bag. I am hoping in the future she will make a larger Portabella, I already have the fabric picked out.

~Priscilla~

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risk, breaking rules, making mistakes, & having fun.....Mary Lou Cook
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  08:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
Hi Rhonda - my name is Rhoda can I be your friend.... What a wonderful gift for a friend who must be the best of friends to deserve such a gift.

Last night I found that my carpet bag is big enough for my laptop to go in with my knitting -- I had brought the laptop over to MIL's when I dropped off dinner to show her pictures of her great grandson that her granddaughter had sent me and I didn't want to leave the laptop in the car while I was at circle --

I'm waiting on a Portabella patiently because I know how much love and work goes into them and I imagine there are a 100 orders before mine. And I have to keep my fingers from pressing buy on every type of bag she has. They are expensive but so well made and so much thought went into the design that they are well worth saving up for one.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ArtLady
Warming Up

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  12:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtLady's Homepage Send ArtLady a Private Message
But... all of Martha's knitting bags are stamped with a big fat
SOLD! Wassup with that?

Art Lady
Go to Top of Page

Jardinier
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  01:44:05 AM  Show Profile Send Jardinier a Private Message
You can custom order a bag from Martha selecting style & fabric.

~Priscilla~

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risk, breaking rules, making mistakes, & having fun.....Mary Lou Cook
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  07:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
or keep checking when the site is updated -- her bags are so fabulous they sell out about as fast as she can make them. That is what I did - when there was a bag without a sold on it - that I loved - I clicked buy it and waited with baited breath - absolutely sure that someone else had beaten me to it and it just hadn't changed the listing yet - and when I heard that I got it I did a happy dance in my living room.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

WarmFuzzy
Warming Up

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  1:18:07 PM  Show Profile Send WarmFuzzy a Private Message
Rhoda,
She is the best of friends! We have followed each other to different jobs over the years. We don't always work together, but sooner or later we do and it's like we never were apart. She involved me in an embroidery guild years ago and taught me to knit last year. She's teaching me socks next. Does it get any better than this? Yes, she is watching my three cats while I go on vacation in a few weeks. I have one stray/feral cat who I took in last November and who is still very shy. My friend would not hear of her going out of her "safe" zone, so made me an offer she would not let me refuse. She won't take money, so the bag is my thank you to her with a few goodies to go in it. Her birthday is around the same time, so she will gracefully accept it, with a protest or two, but she will love and appreciate the thought and the gift. She's a good person with a good heart. She definitely rates a Martha bag.
~Rhonda

Blog: HatboxRose
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  7:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Ooooh - these are gorgeous. And now I want one. Darn.

SheBer
Go to Top of Page

ArtLady
Warming Up

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  10:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtLady's Homepage Send ArtLady a Private Message
Thank you for the info regarding the "custom order" possibility for Martha's knitting bags and stands. I will look around on her website and see where the "please custom make" feature is.

Art Lady
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  07:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Art Lady, If you decide to order a bag you will just love it.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

JustJackie
Chatty Knitter

265 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  8:21:12 PM  Show Profile Send JustJackie a Private Message
Art Lady,
Wanda is right if you order a bag you will love it.I have a few of Marthas Bags.
I custom ordered all of my bags but two.They do sell fast on her site. It was fun picking the fabric although I did have quite a time chosing just one--I liked most of them.
It takes about 6 weeks but it's worth it. Hope you find one you like.
Jackie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.