Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 the monster sweater.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donncoop
Chatty Knitter

111 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  3:23:51 PM  Show Profile Send donncoop a Private Message
I'm working on a Rebecca pattern. It is a one piece pull over that starts at the cuff on the left arm. You just keep knitting from there. The amazing thing is if you make a mistake you live with it or have to pull out an entire sweater. The person I am making it for wants it to be even wider on the body. I give up!!! Rather than rip out, I am knitting 2 gussets and attaching them on the side seams to give her the few extra inches. Never again.

craftybernie
Gabber Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
398 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  4:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit craftybernie's Homepage Send craftybernie a Private Message
Is the person you're making it for aware of how the jumper is constructed and what's involved in making it?

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me!"

www.craftybernie.blogspot.com (my knitting blog)
www.fairystuff.blogspot.com (my handmade flower fairies)
www.knit1blogtoo.blogspot.com (knitting bloggers webring)
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  05:33:26 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Donna,

I feel for you.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  05:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
How terrible. I don't think I would be making anything for this person again.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

donncoop
Chatty Knitter

111 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  07:34:56 AM  Show Profile Send donncoop a Private Message
You are all right. I never plan to make anything for her agian. The original sweater was a perfect fit. The gussets I am putting in are going to alter the shape but that's fine with me. She isn't a knitter and has no idea what it involves. Anyway this is almost done and I'm on to more projects.
Go to Top of Page

Carol in Maine
Chatty Knitter

208 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  04:54:42 AM  Show Profile Send Carol in Maine a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by donncoop
Rather than rip out, I am knitting 2 gussets and attaching them on the side seams to give her the few extra inches. Never again.

Your solution sounds creative-- maybe you are on to a style innovation, necessity being "the mother of invention". Who would have thought that cropped tummy-baring sweaters would become the "big thing", and that probably happened when someone ran out of yarn to finish a job.

Carol in Maine
Go to Top of Page

cableready
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  06:08:14 AM  Show Profile Send cableready a Private Message
You really are a good sport. A talented, good sport!

Pamela
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?