Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 The Island of Misfit Patterns!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  01:55:40 AM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message
I tried to leave a comment on the site but it wouldn't let me ( maybe the way my pc at work is set up) so I'm saying it here to whoever wrote "I don't care if you have a beach":
Loved your essay, couldn't agree with you more!
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  01:55:40 AM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message
I tried to leave a comment on the site but it wouldn't let me ( maybe the way my pc at work is set up) so I'm saying it here to whoever wrote "I don't care if you have a beach":
Loved your essay, couldn't agree with you more!
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  06:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Ha ha ha ha ha! That was Gail, she wrote that! She was tired of men getting praised for knitting when it's no more harder for them than a woman. Besides men have been knitting all thoughout history so it's not really something new. I have sort of been enjoyed all the young men with big needles posters and magazine covers :)

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
www.kneatles.com
Go to Top of Page

Dakota122503
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  06:53:04 AM  Show Profile Send Dakota122503 a Private Message
When I read "Island of misfit patterns" I thought of sweaters with one arm longer than the other and mittens that would only fit an elephant (if an elephant ever chose to wear them) but your idea is much better [:00]

~Carolyn
Wife to Brandon 7/8/00 Mommy to Mathias 11/12/05
Dakota’s Natural Knits Tickle Turdle Wool Wraps, knitted toys, hats, and more!
Go to Top of Page

kidknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  06:53:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit kidknits's Homepage Send kidknits a Private Message
Dumb technical question: how do I download the button? I really want to add this to my links page! This site makes me very happy.

http://www.kidknits.biz
http://www.kidknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

platys
Seriously Hooked

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  08:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit platys's Homepage Send platys a Private Message
kidknits - right click on the button, and choose "Save As.." You may have options to save the link vs saving the image. You'll want to save the image. Then you can upload it to your server and post it like you would any other image.

Gail
http://www.knittergail.com
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  10:41:50 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dakota122503

When I read "Island of misfit patterns" I thought of sweaters with one arm longer than the other and mittens that would only fit an elephant (if an elephant ever chose to wear them) but your idea is much better [:00]

~Carolyn

That's what I thought too [:00]!

RoseM
Go to Top of Page

platys
Seriously Hooked

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  11:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit platys's Homepage Send platys a Private Message
I should make a motto "Come for knitting nightmares, stay for the patterns!"

Gail
Go to Top of Page

LaurieD
Warming Up

80 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  2:12:35 PM  Show Profile Send LaurieD a Private Message
This one I bookmarked. It's a fantastic idea and you have a wonderful sense of humor. I will visit often. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  12:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message
You may want to think about adjust the color on the side for navigation. It is very hard to read being a lighter shade of green and it was also very small. Awesome idea though. I am going to add your website to a list of my favorites.

~Ana
Go to Top of Page

PuppyMomma
Chatty Knitter

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  1:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit PuppyMomma's Homepage Send PuppyMomma a Private Message
Ok. Who is going to set up a webring for this?

www.funkyjewtopia.com

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.
Go to Top of Page

PuppyMomma
Chatty Knitter

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  1:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit PuppyMomma's Homepage Send PuppyMomma a Private Message
Ok. Who is going to set up a webring for this?

www.funkyjewtopia.com

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.
Go to Top of Page

AesSedai
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  10:50:27 PM  Show Profile Send AesSedai a Private Message
Gail, tonight I read your article on how to felt with acrylic and I started crying with laughter. And my belly hurts now. Too funny. [:00]

Kimberly

http://kimberlyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  3:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
Great site!

Cheers,

Charc

My Blog and FOs
Go to Top of Page

NCmusiclady
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  07:28:59 AM  Show Profile Send NCmusiclady a Private Message
Yes, the green has got to go....PLEASE!!!!

Great site - great idea - thank you!!!
Go to Top of Page

NCmusiclady
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  07:28:59 AM  Show Profile Send NCmusiclady a Private Message
Yes, the green has got to go....PLEASE!!!!

Great site - great idea - thank you!!!
Go to Top of Page

LindaRae
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  2:38:05 PM  Show Profile Send LindaRae a Private Message
I was only able to click on to your blogs (which are great,btw!); didn't see any patterns or articles. What am I doing wrong?
LindaP
Go to Top of Page

LindaRae
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  2:38:05 PM  Show Profile Send LindaRae a Private Message
I was only able to click on to your blogs (which are great,btw!); didn't see any patterns or articles. What am I doing wrong?
LindaP
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  5:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
On the homepage there are links to the patterns, essays and such on the left sidebar. If you click "hats" it'll bring up a new page then you hit the name of the hat, and voila, pattern. Works the same for all categories. Enjoy!

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
Go to Top of Page

platys
Seriously Hooked

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  6:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit platys's Homepage Send platys a Private Message
Can you guys who are having a hard time reading the side bar - could you email me a screenshot, along with what browser and resolution you are using? You can take a screen shot of what's on your screen by typing shift-ctrl-Print Screen, and then paste it into a word document. Also, you can increase the size of fonts on a page via View -> Text Size in Firefox.

Gail
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by