Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Jumped off the wagon and set it on fire behind me
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moxie
Seriously Hooked

844 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2003 :  8:28:15 PM  Show Profile Send moxie a Private Message
Well, I think I've about disqualified myself from posting to the "No Yarn For One Month Club"! I tattled on my shopping partner Martheme (who is, I suppose, sleeping off her binge! ) but I bought yarn/fiber on Wed, yesterday, AND today! Big purchases, too: 2 pounds of roving (merino, merino/silk, and Blue-faced Leicester), enough sock yarn (Regia, Cascade, and Cherry Tree Hill) to please Imelda Marcos, and unspun silk caps! Whoa Nelly!

On the up side, I did wait until things were on big sale, and I probably restrained myself from about three purchases in the three? weeks I was on the diet. Also, I had a rough work week.

The penance?
1. No looking at any stores or shopping or sales
UNTIL I've spun 2 pounds of wool, knit 4 pairs of socks, finished my stinkin' cardigan, finished the baby gifts I have planned, and knit a sleeveless shell with the silk (which needs to be dyed and spun first.)

2. Thereafter, no buying yarn unless it belongs to one of the identified "holes" in my stash AND is at least 30% off

AND

3. No yarn shopping during the month of September (unless absolutely needed to finish an ongoing project.)

Sworn,
the so, so repentant
but
so, so happy

Moxie

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2003 :  8:29:40 PM  Show Profile Send mtchen a Private Message
Oh Moxie...we forgive you!

Come back and rejoin us!

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Come back and rejoin us!

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Come back and rejoin us!

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Come back and rejoin us!

Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  07:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
Hi Moxie,

Like you said on Saturday, you are only mildly hooked so far, unlike some of us who are total junkies! I also had 3 purchases last week . . . to the tune of about $500 so don't feel bad.

I posted in the other topic as to what I actually got, now off to add it to my PDA!

Happy knitting

Martheme

Martheme of Sheep Hearth of Golden Leaf Camp
visit the EC Fans site http://ecfans.com/forums.htm

visit my blog @ http://martheme.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  07:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
Hi Moxie,

Like you said on Saturday, you are only mildly hooked so far, unlike some of us who are total junkies! I also had 3 purchases last week . . . to the tune of about $500 so don't feel bad.

I posted in the other topic as to what I actually got, now off to add it to my PDA!

Happy knitting

Martheme

Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Hi Moxie,

Happy knitting

Martheme

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  08:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Oh Moxie, we're so proud of you! Now about this cruel self-inflicted penance stuff... entirely unnecessary. It's important to have a stash that's at least twice the size of one's bedroom. So go forth and continue to enjoy yourself! Remember, knitting is supposed to be fun. And if there's a worldwide wool shortage, just think of how smug you'll be.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  08:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Oh Moxie, we're so proud of you! Now about this cruel self-inflicted penance stuff... entirely unnecessary. It's important to have a stash that's at least twice the size of one's bedroom. So go forth and continue to enjoy yourself! Remember, knitting is supposed to be fun. And if there's a worldwide wool shortage, just think of how smug you'll be.

Clara
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Clara
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Clara
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Clara
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  08:48:22 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
quote:

Clara

OMG!! Twice the size of your bedroom??? What if your bedroom is 16x20????? Yikes!!! I'd better get off this fast and start buying!!! heh heh heh

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

quote:

Clara

OMG!! Twice the size of your bedroom??? What if your bedroom is 16x20????? Yikes!!! I'd better get off this fast and start buying!!! heh heh heh

chris

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

quote:

Clara

chris

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

quote:

Clara

chris

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

quote:

Clara

chris

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe