Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Needles and Security
 Disney Cruise Line
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leelee bugs
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  07:03:46 AM  Show Profile Send leelee bugs a Private Message
I will be going on the Disney Cruise with my family. Do you know if there are any restrictions regarding knitting needles, scissors, etc? TIA!

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  4:02:56 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
I have not been on Disney Cruises ut 4 other cruise lines and never had problems - and that was bringing on a handful of garottes, um, Addi 100cms!

http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  5:56:43 PM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
Why don't you check with the cruise line?

Enjoy yourself!

lemons of missouri
Go to Top of Page

leelee bugs
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  12:11:29 PM  Show Profile Send leelee bugs a Private Message
Thanks Mokey! If you travelled on 4 cruise lines without any difficulty, I would imagine that I should be fine!

Lemons - I did check with the cruise line prior to the post. The answer I received was "I believe that shouldn't be a problem". Needless to say, that didn't invoke much confidence. [**] I could not find the answer to the question on their website either. I was hoping that someone here would know the answer! I feel much better after reading Mokey's response. Travelling without my knitting would be a bummer. I've been knitting for not quite a year, and have rapidly become a knitting addict!
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  12:50:03 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi: Go to www.tsa.gov and they have a list of things you can bring on planes, trains and ships. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

abbierose
Seriously Hooked

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  7:10:34 PM  Show Profile Send abbierose a Private Message
Shouldn't be a problem, although I haven't cruised with Disney, I've had no problem with Princess, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian or Holland America.

Melissa
Tia Knits
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  2:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
I took a Disney Cruise last year. I think I took something really small with me, a hat on bamboo dpn's.

I never had time to knit. I was too busy.

I would check with them directly as lemons suggested. Companies are constantly changing their rules and regulations.

Kimberly, knitting in VA
http://kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

leelee bugs
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  05:54:10 AM  Show Profile Send leelee bugs a Private Message
Just got back from the Disney Cruise - it was great! I had absolutely no difficulty bringing my knitting supplies on board. I was glad to have it available to keep me busy while my toddler napped!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe