Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Very New Knitter
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CountryPerson
New Pal

31 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  04:55:05 AM  Show Profile Send CountryPerson a Private Message
Hi, my name is Lynn, and I live in Missouri. When I was in college 40+ yrs. ago, one of the dorm residents taught me the basic k,p stitches. Since that time I have only recently begun to try my hand at knitting again. I bought several books with good instructions (pictures), and have begun a few simple projects (dishcloth, scarf, slippers), and now I'm working on a poncho. Knitting is wonderful! Even though I have done other needlecrafts in the past, knitting is fast becoming my #1 favorite. I enjoy visiting this forum, and always learn something helpful each time. Thanks to all of you for the interesting and informative posts.

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  05:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Lynn, welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we all do. It sounds as though the knitting fever has hit you hard. That's OK.......not all addictions are bad. Buy more yarn, get new needles, are you sure you don't need new patterns?

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  05:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Lynn, Welcome from Arkansas. Glad you decided to pick up knitting again. Yes, it is very addictive but I love that I get to wear or use what I make.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  07:23:00 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
Hi Lynn and welcome from a former St. Louisan.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

quinoak
Warming Up

66 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile Send quinoak a Private Message
Hi Lynn,
Welcome! We are about the same age, and I just starting knitting again a few years ago. Took a long break for raising children; plus I got hooked on needlepoint and cross-stitch. I have been teaching a lot of young women in my church to knit and I always tell them to go to this website if they need help.
www.knittinghelp.com

If you are like me, you will become addicted. My son's room is now my yarn room! When he comes home for a visit, he has no place to hang his clothes. But my stash is very minor compared to some on this forum. The people here are wonderful at helping and enabling. Btw, don't try lace... you will find another thing to love about knitting.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  1:55:28 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Welcome to the forum from another Missourian :} Sounds as though you're going about it the right way. (As if there's a right way.) Small projects leading into larger ones. Good luck with the poncho. mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  1:57:26 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
computer reacting slowly: oops
Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  1:57:59 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
must work on patience issues
Go to Top of Page

CountryPerson
New Pal

31 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  10:28:23 PM  Show Profile Send CountryPerson a Private Message
Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know you on this board. Bless each of you.
Also, thanks, quinoak, for the link to knitting help website.
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  01:49:06 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Lynn,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and so glad you could join our knitting community.

Also welcome back to the wonderful world of knitting.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends here.

Also looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

NuttyKnitter101
Chatty Knitter

338 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  06:58:50 AM  Show Profile Send NuttyKnitter101 a Private Message
Welcome welcome welcome! Hopefully you'll find the joy of socks! :P

Not every Mary in the world has a lamb like mine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.