Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 dishcloths are fun
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  3:09:37 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
The sailboat came from the following link
http://www.knittingknonsense.com/index2.html
scroll down to the middle of the page. The sail boat is near the star and tea cup.
http://www.rainyk.com/Dishcloths.html
scroll down this page patterns are listed alabetically. The firemanman cloth (Helmet and Axe) is there

scraffan aka Karen
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  5:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Thanks Karen! They are both great sites.

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well knit!"
visit me at www.janevdoviak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  7:54:42 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
Its funny that this topic came up now. I have spent the summer so far kntting dishcloths because of the heat here in New Mexico.
I belong to several dishcloth yahoo groups and they do keep you knitting. Its fun to get 10 or so rows a day and have no idea what you are knitting. I just finished a dog cloth that way. Most groups have KALs and exchanges going on at least once a month.
Sometimes I feel guilty because I'm not knitting a sweater or something big and complicated. But then I remind myself that I am making them for friends and exchanges.
Cloths are quick and a good way to learn new stitches. Its a easy project to carry around and the yarn is really a good price too. There are plenty of patterns on the web to keep one busy for life.
I also have a pair of socks on the needles. Thats about all I can do at the moment.
I'm happy with my knitting lately and really enjoy sitting down and knit a cloth.

Karen

My diet incentive, to knit smaller sweaters.
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  05:19:40 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Hi, actually, I found the dolphin cloth quite challenging. I had never made a picture cloth before. I wasn't happy with the way mine turned out, but I will try again next month. I may try something simpler in between, like the teacup, which I think is very pretty. I also make lots of small projects, hats on round needles, and give most of them away. I feel the way you do too, that maybe I should do something harder, but i do enjoy them and the recipients seem to like them. Happy knitting,
Chayah
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  05:19:40 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Hi, actually, I found the dolphin cloth quite challenging. I had never made a picture cloth before. I wasn't happy with the way mine turned out, but I will try again next month. I may try something simpler in between, like the teacup, which I think is very pretty. I also make lots of small projects, hats on round needles, and give most of them away. I feel the way you do too, that maybe I should do something harder, but i do enjoy them and the recipients seem to like them. Happy knitting,
Chayah
Go to Top of Page

Boxy
Warming Up

51 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  05:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Boxy's Homepage Send Boxy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by herbandteas

Right now I am working on a dragonfly pattern wash cloth for a friend who loves dragonflies. I find them fun to knit.

That's my pattern I see you did the alien too. My day has been made now lol.

my blog and stuff
Go to Top of Page

Boxy
Warming Up

51 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  05:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Boxy's Homepage Send Boxy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by herbandteas

Right now I am working on a dragonfly pattern wash cloth for a friend who loves dragonflies. I find them fun to knit.

That's my pattern I see you did the alien too. My day has been made now lol.

my blog and stuff
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  11:42:50 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Boxy, you have beautiful cloths. I hope to try some of your patterns soon. Do you have any flower patterns? thanks for posting yours,
Chayah
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  11:42:50 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Boxy, you have beautiful cloths. I hope to try some of your patterns soon. Do you have any flower patterns? thanks for posting yours,
Chayah
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  5:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Great patterns Boxy - thanks for sharing!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well knit!"
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  5:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Great patterns Boxy - thanks for sharing!

Jane
Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  7:09:42 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
I need help! I am trying to make a dishcloth or a small decorative pillow. The pattern should be in the shape of the a law enforcement.
I have tried to find a pattern but so far cannot find anything..
Any and all suggestions are appricated.
Thank you in advanced for help
scraffan
Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  7:09:42 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
I need help! I am trying to make a dishcloth or a small decorative pillow. The pattern should be in the shape of the a law enforcement.
I have tried to find a pattern but so far cannot find anything..
Any and all suggestions are appricated.
Thank you in advanced for help
scraffan
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
New Pal

Vatican City
22 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  4:13:48 PM  Show Profile Send pinkroses a Private Message
I love to knit dishcloths too. I have made around 30 or more this past winter. Even sold some. I love to use Peaches and creme and Sugars and creme. Pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
New Pal

Vatican City
22 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  4:13:48 PM  Show Profile Send pinkroses a Private Message
I love to knit dishcloths too. I have made around 30 or more this past winter. Even sold some. I love to use Peaches and creme and Sugars and creme. Pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

Becky
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  6:43:25 PM  Show Profile Send Becky a Private Message
I love knitting dishcloths, too. Great mindless knitting while watching TV, but you've got something really useful when you're finished. I usually use them as facecloths, though, because they're great for exfoliating. I've also used the cotton yarn to crochet a few round rugs for my vintage decor bathroom.
Go to Top of Page

Becky
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  6:43:25 PM  Show Profile Send Becky a Private Message
I love knitting dishcloths, too. Great mindless knitting while watching TV, but you've got something really useful when you're finished. I usually use them as facecloths, though, because they're great for exfoliating. I've also used the cotton yarn to crochet a few round rugs for my vintage decor bathroom.
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  02:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
The two knitting addictions: Dishclothes & sox.
I like the one I knit...found the pattern somewhere on line. It has the word LOVE knitted in it. I find it terribly ironic to give a dishcloth with the word love on it LOL!
Crystal

"Knitters Irony: Knitting a sheep"
http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  02:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
The two knitting addictions: Dishclothes & sox.
I like the one I knit...found the pattern somewhere on line. It has the word LOVE knitted in it. I find it terribly ironic to give a dishcloth with the word love on it LOL!
Crystal

"Knitters Irony: Knitting a sheep"
http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
Go to Top of Page

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  07:25:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
I have been enjoying the dishcloths, too. I was using one of my sock bags but found that it was a tiny bit too small - esp if I was doing a two color dishcloth. So, yesterday, I made a "dishcloth bag". I'll be posting pics on my blog later today. I even stuck in a pocket on the inside to hold an 8" x 11" piece of paper folded in quarters with the pattern on it!

trek's blog FO: 31, WIP: 6
"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by