Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Knitting newbie here! :)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Penance
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  11:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Penance's Homepage Send Penance a Private Message
I'm new to the forum and new to knitting. :)

I learned to knit a couple of weeks ago from my mom, who tried to teach me many moons ago when I was little (I'm 23 now, going on 24 this year) but it didn't stick. Flash forward to the last month or so and I fell in love with all the beautiful handspun yarns on Etsy.com and all the things that people were making and I had to learn. Had to. Luckily this time, my mom showed me a couple of stitches and I was off and running.

In the last few weeks, I've made 2 scarves and 2 hats and I'm planning on doing a sweater next (and I'm working on yet another scarf as we speak). I'm also planning on doing a pair of yoga socks if I can figure out how to knit in the round on double-pointed needles (I'm sure my mom can teach me, but she works nights and I rarely see her since she's always sleeping when I'm around the house).

My finished objects!

4 Fat Cats Wax Works - handmade, dye-free, soy wax tarts and linen sprays [meow]

Gelliott
Seriously Hooked

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  11:54:01 AM  Show Profile Send Gelliott a Private Message
Hi Penance,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on finishing several objects in only a few weeks of knitting!

Knitting in the round is lots of fun and if you run into trouble there are many experts here that will be glad to help you out (and provide lots of links to on-line tutorials).

Looking forward to more of your posts,
Gelliott
Go to Top of Page

Penance
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  12:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Penance's Homepage Send Penance a Private Message
Hi, Gelliott! :)

I've been browsing the forum and I have to say, it looks like I'm going to have no trouble finding help with anything I have trouble with! I have a feeling I'm going to need help on my attempt to tackle a sweater next.[:00]

My finished objects!

4 Fat Cats Wax Works - handmade, dye-free, soy wax tarts and linen sprays [meow]
Go to Top of Page

Elisjay
New Pal

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  4:56:07 PM  Show Profile Send Elisjay a Private Message
Just ask Penance and for sure the answer will be out there .Lovely to hear you have started knitting and that you have already made so many items. Just try a simple sweater first and you will find it easy to follow the instructions. Good luck with it.
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  9:30:07 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and so glad you could join our knitting community. Also welcome to the wonderful world of knitting.

I think its brilliant what you have already managed to do in such a short time.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australiia.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  05:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Welcome. If you can't find an answer, please ask. This group has helped me more than once with questions/problems on my knitting.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Beverly the Bronx Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  05:33:54 AM  Show Profile Send Beverly the Bronx Girl a Private Message
Hi Penance, Welcome to the Forum. You can probably teach us a thing or two. Happy Knitting! Blessings, Beverly
Go to Top of Page

AuntieK
Warming Up

75 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  05:59:44 AM  Show Profile Send AuntieK a Private Message
Welcome to the forum Penance!

I love your hats. What yarns did you use?

K
Go to Top of Page

catlady4
Chatty Knitter

117 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  07:12:09 AM  Show Profile Send catlady4 a Private Message
Welcome! I'm a fairly new knitter too (learned this past fall), and I really enjoy it. It's great that you've been able to do so much so quickly. I wish I could knit that fast.

Amy
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  08:07:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Welcome Penace....it's nice to have you here. It does appear as though you are going to be a serious knitter....let me warn you however, once you make socks, you're an addicted knitter and there's no going back!

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

cadavidson
Chatty Knitter

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  2:48:53 PM  Show Profile Send cadavidson a Private Message
Penance
I'm impressed with what you have knitted so far - I liked the hats especially - I would also be interested in what kind of yarn you used.
Welcome to the Forum - it's lots of fun.

Claudia
Go to Top of Page

Penance
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  6:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Penance's Homepage Send Penance a Private Message
Ooh, I guess I better not make any socks then, eh? [:00]

I do plan on making some, though. I've got a pattern for yoga socks that I intend to tackle once my sweater is done and I get some spare time and gather my wits (the pattern scares me, but I'm not letting that stop me).

For the blue hat, I used Misti Alpaca chunky in the light blue/heather grey striped color (not sure what its name is, if it has one) and for the grey hat I used Blue Sky Alpacas' Bulky yarn in grey wolf.

My finished objects!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?