Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New Gal from West Coast Canada
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RoaringBravado
New Pal

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  4:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoaringBravado's Homepage  Send RoaringBravado a Yahoo! Message Send RoaringBravado a Private Message
hello all!

i'm Ursa, and i just found this place. hooray! my friend taught me to knit almost two months ago, and i'm loving it. i picked it up really quickly, and now have five projects on the go. and going to Yarn shops....talk about a kid in a candy store...

about me: i'm 30, married, with a two-year-old son, and live on the coast. i'm a stay-at-home-mom, love to garden, be near the ocean, read, sing, play piano. plus my husband and i have a home business that makes liquid soap.

that's all for now.
cheers
Ursa

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  7:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Welcome Ursa! Wow, knitting, a mom, gardening, music--sounds like you are one busy woman! Glad to see you have a little time to squeeze in some forum chat :-)

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

mamid
Permanent Resident

Canada
1568 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  10:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Send mamid a Yahoo! Message Send mamid a Private Message
Where on the Wet Coast are you? There's a bunch of knitters in the area. I'm not quite Beyond Hope, but the rest of Canada is. *laugh*

The Last Thread
Go to Top of Page

RoaringBravado
New Pal

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  1:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoaringBravado's Homepage  Send RoaringBravado a Yahoo! Message Send RoaringBravado a Private Message
hello, thanks for the welcome. i'm in Victoria, on the Island. and yes, i am a busy gal. it's okay - always things to do! i hope to be able to ask many of you questions about knitting, about cool sites, yarns, patterns, etc.

blessings
Ursa
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  8:47:51 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Ursa,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and so glad you could join our knitting community.

Also welcome to the wonderful world of knitting.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  05:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Ursa, I am sooooo jealous. I went in May 2005 to Victoria for a vacation and fell totally in love with the place. I did get a chance to go to a LYS there. Don't remember the name but I do love to check out the LYS where ever I go.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

RoaringBravado
New Pal

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  2:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoaringBravado's Homepage  Send RoaringBravado a Yahoo! Message Send RoaringBravado a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gwtreece

Ursa, I am sooooo jealous. I went in May 2005 to Victoria for a vacation and fell totally in love with the place. I did get a chance to go to a LYS there. Don't remember the name but I do love to check out the LYS where ever I go.

Wanda

hi Wanda,

LYS? and yes, i love Victoria too. i grew up in the prairies, and knew at an early age that i would end up out here on the coast. i have been here 12 years and don't plan to leave anytime soon.

cheers
Ursa
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  2:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Ursa.......welcome. I smiled as I read your email. You sound as though you belong here with us. You are already addicted.
Tell us a little about your soap business.

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

ilustren
Warming Up

Canada
79 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  5:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit ilustren's Homepage Send ilustren a Private Message
Hi.
Welcome.
I did my Masters at UBC a few (is it actually 13?) years ago. Loved Victoria. A friend was just there and saw the WWKIPD (World-Wide Knit in Public Day) going on and tons of knitters and yarn everywhere. Were you part of the day?

Have fun here. I'm relatively new too, but enjoy and learn a lot!

From a fellow Canadian,

Knit on!
Charles

Charles
Welland, Ontario
Blog: http://jigraknits.livejournal.com/
Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  7:02:50 PM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
Hi Ursa

There's a bunch of knitters headed your way in May of next year on the SeaSocks cruise. Maybe you can give us all some ideas on where to go when we land.

Waving at you from the sunny south of Alabama!

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, overlook the unattractive and smile through the unbearable.

To learn more about healthy nutrition for your cat, go here: http://www.catnutrition.org and here: http://www.catinfo.org/
Go to Top of Page

mamid
Permanent Resident

Canada
1568 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  9:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Send mamid a Yahoo! Message Send mamid a Private Message
Head up island to Courtenay sometime. Uptown Yarns on 5th there is the best shop I've ever seen.

The Last Thread
Go to Top of Page

RoaringBravado
New Pal

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  10:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoaringBravado's Homepage  Send RoaringBravado a Yahoo! Message Send RoaringBravado a Private Message
more lovely greetings! i feel so welcome already!

to the "Old Knitter": Blessed Organics is my small company. right now, the only product we are making and selling is liquid foaming soap. it's liquid soap from scratch, simliar to the bar soap process, but with a different "lye". it comes in three "flavours": citrus, mint and lavender. www.blessedorganics.com is our site, with the Canadian stores our product is in. for others, like American customers, we do sell through Ebay.

to Charles: i didn't know about the Knit in Public day until someone told me as i was sitting knitting in public. so i guess i was participating, just on my own.

to Elizabeth: a Sock cruise? tee hee. well, i'd be glad to meet up with the cruise gang and share tourism tidbits. just let me know when it's happening next spring.

to mamid: i haven't been to Courtney for many years. the farthest i usually get is Naniamo. i'll keep that shop in mind though. for now, i have the Beehive Wool Shop, amongst others here in Victoria.

thanks again to you lovely people for such nice messsages!
cheers
Ursa
Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  10:53:33 AM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
Ursa - here's the link to the cruise site. There's a blog also, accessible through the cruise site.
http://www.mycruiseplanner.net/?page=fp&id=11028

There's also a thread here on KR about it
http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59624

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, overlook the unattractive and smile through the unbearable.

To learn more about healthy nutrition for your cat, go here: http://www.catnutrition.org and here: http://www.catinfo.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe