Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 Spiral Icord - Two color - like candy cane
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

c1hood
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  3:25:45 PM  Show Profile Send c1hood a Private Message
I have been searching for almost a week throughout the internet looking for directions to make a spiral icord with two colors.

I DID see this on a bag pictured somewhere with directions. It was either a free bag pattern or on someone's blog. I thought for sure I bookmarked it, but I don't have it and haven't been able to find it again.

It is not the twisted icord which has a "bump" twisted down and around the cord, it actually looks like a candy cane and it's smooth just like the regular icord.

Does anyone know how to do this or where to direct me. I would really like to make a Christmas bag with this icord.

Carol Ann

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  3:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
CO 4

K2 K2 slide to end

K1 K2 K1 slide to end

K2 K2 slide to end

K1 K2 K1 slide to end

Repeat these 4 rows until cord is desired length.

For each first stitch you'll cross the working yarn over the other color so that the ends stay inside the tube.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

go get your smock
Chatty Knitter

328 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  7:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit go get your smock's Homepage Send go get your smock a Private Message
Rosebyany: Can you tell me the stitches for a figure 8 I-cord? It looks like two I-cords fused together. I saw it somewhere here, but it fails to come up on a search, and I foolishly did not make a copy at the time. Argh!

Diane in Chicago

www.feltedhandbagworkshop.com
Home of the Little Coco Bag
Go to Top of Page

c1hood
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  09:06:51 AM  Show Profile Send c1hood a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RoseByAny

CO 4

K2 K2 slide to end

K1 K2 K1 slide to end

K2 K2 slide to end

K1 K2 K1 slide to end

Repeat these 4 rows until cord is desired length.

For each first stitch you'll cross the working yarn over the other color so that the ends stay inside the tube.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com

Go to Top of Page

c1hood
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  09:07:46 AM  Show Profile Send c1hood a Private Message
Ros
Go to Top of Page

c1hood
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  09:11:14 AM  Show Profile Send c1hood a Private Message
Rose by any.....
I wasn't able to type anything in the previous posts for some reason it just posted without me clicking anything. Anyway, thank you so much for your directions, I'm off to try it out.

Is there a formula to follow to increase the number of stitches if I want a wider icord?

Thank you,
Carol Ann
Go to Top of Page

sstephy
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  3:34:12 PM  Show Profile Send sstephy a Private Message
Hi Carol Ann, Did you try this technique and if so did it look like a candy cane when you were done? I've also been trying to figure out how to do something like this and came up with nothing and I'm excited that you might have finally found instructions thanks to Rose.
sstephy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?