Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Lace Forum
 Attn: Herbert Niebling lace pattern project!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elationrelation
New Pal

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  12:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit elationrelation's Homepage Send elationrelation a Private Message

A new Yahoo group has been set up to pursue getting the beautiful works of Herbert Niebling published, and we need as many participants as possible. To view some of Herbert Nieblings incredible works, you can search the internet or use this address as an introduction to some of his designs:

http://www.angelfire.com/on2/fwlaceknitter/
or you can enter "Herbert Niebling" in your favorite search engine.

To accomplish this, we will need a LARGE number of requests from knitters and lace appreciators, to convince Dr. Hubert Burda to publish the complete collection of the Niebling works.

The group's purpose is to provide a forum to collect participants, and then decide on an effective timing to do a mass mailing via snail mail and email, to demonstrate to Burda that there is enough demand for the patterns to warrant publication. This is a philanthropic endeavor by Laritza and Susan, where all knitters benefit by contributing their letters so we can create our goal to benefit everyone, everywhere.

The group is not set up to discuss the patterns themselves, and no discussion of copyright laws will be permitted. The group is set up for no messages at this time, so you won't be getting alot of posts or digests. <smile>

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD to as many as possible!!!

Here is the address/link to join:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HerbertNieblingPatterns/

Again, we need as many people as possible, hopefully thousands (or more!), so please take the time to forward this communication via email or verbal message, to any and all knitters, who would consider taking the time to help this worthwhile cause, and also contact your groups, guilds and LYS's with this information!

Also, if you have any ideas regarding other lists that might be helpful contacts, please feel free to contact Susan at elationrelation@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance!

Owner and moderators:

Laritza Taft and Susan Reishus

KellyKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1608 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  1:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit KellyKnits's Homepage Send KellyKnits a Private Message
You'd probably get a much better response if you don't post this multiple times on this forum - it's as attractive as spam
Clara notified.

Kelly
http://pieceofstring.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  1:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Susan and Laritza - welcome to KR! When you registered for the forums, you agreed to our forum policy. One of the big policy rules is no multiple postings of the same thing.

Not only does it waste storage space, but it also dilutes a conversation that would be much more valuable if it were focused in one spot - instead of the seven places you posted this. And finally, it gives forum members a pretty bad impression I know you didn't intend to give - one that says, "The folks here are too stupid to find my post so I'm going to put it all over the place." As I said, I know you didn't think this - but that's how it comes across. So I'm deleting all the duplicates and kindly requesting that you not do this again.

Best of luck with your project!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

elationrelation
New Pal

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  2:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit elationrelation's Homepage Send elationrelation a Private Message
My sincere apologies, as I joined some time back, and had forgotten or missed the multiple listing rule.

I received emails from others suggesting it be mentioned in the various forums here, and I naively put it under categories I felt the subject matter tied into.

I mistakenly felt that people probably had a favorite forum that they read regularly, rather than many, never thinking that one person would run into the same subject more than once. <smile>

My (our) intentions are to be of service so the patterns can be made available for all and for a fair fee, rather than a hundred dollars a pattern, which some knitters have run into. We will need alot of knitters to participate to show large numbers justifying/encouraging Burda to publish the Niebling works.

Thank you for the reminder, and again my apologies! This is an incredible collection of artistic knitting and thank you for your well wishes!

Best blessings,

Susan Reishus
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  2:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Hi Susan,

It's OK! Thank you for hearing my words as they were intended, not as an evil scold but a gentle reminder. I really didn't want this project to come across negatively in the forums, because it sounds like a great cause. I chose to post here about it a) because several readers sent me messages complaining about the duplicate posts, so I wanted them to know it was taken care of, and b) as a gentle reminder to anyone else who may be tempted. I know the forums seem huge and vast, but people really do see single posts. I promise!

Again, best of luck!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

elationrelation
New Pal

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  11:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit elationrelation's Homepage Send elationrelation a Private Message
Oh the joys of being made an example of...especially when one has the best of intentions! <smile>

Blessings,
Susan Reishus
Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  1:07:22 PM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
I joined! These patterns are exquisite. I'd love to have one or 2, even if I never recreate them. They're just too lovely. Good luck!

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, overlook the unattractive and smile through the unbearable.

To learn more about healthy nutrition for your cat, go here: http://www.catnutrition.org and here: http://www.catinfo.org/
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  1:11:55 PM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
so did anyone else beside me buy the PDF version of ERIKAS 79 and 80? I think there are 20 patterns between the two of them...

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

sbutnarasu
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
163 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  08:11:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit sbutnarasu's Homepage Send sbutnarasu a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by MMario

so did anyone else beside me buy the PDF version of ERIKAS 79 and 80? I think there are 20 patterns between the two of them...

please could you tell me if any of them have the "Eiche" tablecloth?

and are the patterns in English langauge?

thanks a lot,
Silvia
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  08:24:36 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
I don't think 'Eiche' was one of the patterns - these are charted and the German text has been translated.

Go to Top of Page

AlexH
Chatty Knitter

286 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  09:05:03 AM  Show Profile Send AlexH a Private Message
I looked at that offering and am considering purchase. Is there a list of the patterns included anywhere online? Or, if you would be so kind and selfless, would you list them? Have you found that these are direct reproductions from the original charts? Any negatives?

Many questions from a fellow Niebling admirer ...

Sandy
http://www.oceanknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  09:30:26 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
I don't think they are direct reproductions - the charts and text are too well integrated - and the copyright at least appears to have been researched and correctly licensed etc.

I haven't found a litst of the patterns on-line - and my copies are a t home - so I will try to list them tonite.

Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  04:12:15 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
In # 79:
Goldglockchen = 'forsythia'

Fliese = tile

Blutenkranze - 'Bloom wreath'

Sternzopf - 'star Lichen'

Suzanne

Mathilde

Lavendel - 'Lavender'

In #80:

Fingerlocke - Finger Lock

Froschkonig - 'Frog King'

Herbstlaub - 'autumn Leaves'

Waldglockchen - 'forest Bells'

Hubertine

Enzianblute - Gentian

blattgrund - 'leaf ground'

Lachskonigen - 'Salmon Queen'

Rosenblatt - rose leaf

Go to Top of Page

AlexH
Chatty Knitter

286 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  10:25:19 PM  Show Profile Send AlexH a Private Message
Thank you so much, MMario -- much appreciated!

Sandy
http://www.oceanknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  7:47:33 PM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
I must be missing something . . . where did you purchase the PDF versions?

Thanks

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, overlook the unattractive and smile through the unbearable.

To learn more about healthy nutrition for your cat, go here: http://www.catnutrition.org and here: http://www.catinfo.org/
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  05:44:30 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
sorry - I got the ad on several different groups - so figured most people discussing Neibling would know about it. they are available through payloadz:

Erikas 80 and 79

Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  05:48:52 AM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
Thankee kindly!

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe