Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Needles and Security
 Japan?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnittyElf
Warming Up

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  1:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnittyElf's Homepage Send KnittyElf a Private Message
I'm flying to Osaka from DC with a plane change in Dallas. I'll be on American Airlines the whole way. Does anyone know their policy on knitting needles? I was thinking of bringing lace, but the needles might be a little too pointy. Should I just pack bamboo ones and "sneak" them on?

~ the KnittyElf :)

fleegle
Permanent Resident

Japan
1507 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  04:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit fleegle's Homepage Send fleegle a Private Message
I fly back and forth to Japan every year and never have had a problem with any knitting needles. I usually have Addi 0's for socks with me and never once was questioned.
Go to Top of Page

AuntieK
Warming Up

75 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  4:56:23 PM  Show Profile Send AuntieK a Private Message
I fly out of the NY area airports (JFK, LGA, Newwark, White Plains, Stewart/Newburgh). I've flown American Airlines on business several times to Japan (Narita) with my knitting needles in my carryon luggage (dpn's and circulars) and NEVER had a problem (no questions asked, nothing). I've also taken knitting on domestic flights with no problems.

On those long flights, knitting always helped me to keep my sanity.

BTW - I never had the time to check out the yarn shops but I heard there are some great ones in Tokyo. I don't know about Osaka.

Have a great trip.

K
Go to Top of Page

KnittyElf
Warming Up

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  10:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnittyElf's Homepage Send KnittyElf a Private Message
Thanks for the help, guys! I was a little nervous because I'd heard so many horror stories about having to leave needles behind at the airport, but now I feel much better. :)

~ the KnittyElf :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?