Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Greetings from sunny New England!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Beverly the Bronx Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  10:12:45 AM  Show Profile Send Beverly the Bronx Girl a Private Message
Hi Kendra, Welcome to the Forum. We have a great time here e-talking with each other. Are you anywhere near the Tanglewood Music Festival in the Berkshires? We hear a lot about it in New York because of the world famous Boston Symphony. Blessings, Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  11:59:04 AM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Hi Christy, I know exactly where Concord is! Well, my friend, there are already ads in the newspaper's classified section for help at the Ren Faire! I would LOVE to come, and meet you, I just don't know if I can get away. Let's see what materializes.

Carolyn, not too far from me at all!!! Which LYS do you frequent?

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful" - Mae West
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

maldacht
Warming Up

66 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  12:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit maldacht's Homepage  Send maldacht a Yahoo! Message Send maldacht a Private Message
Welcome to the forums from another forum newbie - and from MA as well 7 miles north of Boston. This is a great bunch knitters here! Hey maybe that is the sun out there! sigh maybe not.

-
http://www.ethicalthought.com
^
|_Its about knitting too!
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  1:30:51 PM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Hi, Bev. Thanks for the welcome! I, too, look forward to having great conversations here. And yes, I am totally near Tanglewood. We are going on July 4th week-end--Garrison Keillor (Prairie Home Companion) will be there.

Maldacht, I used to live 7 miles north of Boston, as well! You know, I’ve been saying just that all day long—that old elusive sun. We’re getting ready to build an ark out this a’way.

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Dakota122503
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  2:05:26 PM  Show Profile Send Dakota122503 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kendrasue

Carolyn, not too far from me at all!!! Which LYS do you frequent?

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I occassionally travel out to Webs, but mostly go to Wrights outlet in Sturbridge

~Carolyn
Wife to Brandon 7/8/00 Mommy to Mathias 11/12/05
Dakota’s Natural Knits Tickle Turdle Wool Wraps, knitted toys, hats, and more!
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  11:51:45 AM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Outlet, Carolyn? That sounds very interesting. Let me know when you are coming once again to Webb's!

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Meadra
Chatty Knitter

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  12:33:27 PM  Show Profile Send Meadra a Private Message
Well, Kendra, we're going on July 8th (second weekend of the faire). If you go that day and see a blonde pregnant fairy with a preschooler (who might be wearing wings also) running around, that's probably me.

Christy
Go to Top of Page

Dakota122503
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  1:35:34 PM  Show Profile Send Dakota122503 a Private Message
Well the yarn isn't TOO discounted mostly sewing notions and ribbon that are REALLY cheap, but they do have nice yarn and not bad prices (plus it's only 20 min from me!!) Here's a link http://www.wrights.com/info_help/outlet/outlet.htm although I don't see anything about yarn there, trust me they do have it!!

~Carolyn
Wife to Brandon 7/8/00 Mommy to Mathias 11/12/05
Dakota’s Natural Knits Tickle Turdle Wool Wraps, knitted toys, hats, and more!
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  1:54:29 PM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Christy, have a fabulous time next week-end, and I'd love to hear a full report. I know you and your daughter will have a wonderful time--I'll be thinking of two winged fairies at the Faire!

Carolyn, I went to the site, and will return and spend a little more time looking around. I am a ribbon lover, and use tons of it!

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  1:55:39 PM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Christy, have a fabulous time next week-end, and I'd love to hear a full report. I know you and your daughter will have a wonderful time--I'll be thinking of two winged fairies at the Faire!

Carolyn, I went to the site, and will return and spend a little more time looking around. I am a ribbon lover, and use tons of it!

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  2:36:54 PM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Oh, my dear new knitting friends--this is so funny and I have to share it with you.

I've been hanging out at the computer all day long, instead of out in the sunshine, researching and preparing plans and emailing and writing columns, all for the upcoming opera event for my alumnae club. I am the director of the opera group.

So, when writing a column about the event and the opera itself, I decided to be kind to myself this year, and just borrow a short little review from the internet instead of agonizing over writing a synopsis of LA BOHEME myself. It was really rigorous doing it that way last year, for BARBER OF SEVILLE.

So, in I go to Google, and after a few combinations of not getting what I want, what do I type in? "La Boheme" and "review".

What do you think came up? Knitters Review!! Evidently there was a pattern at one time for something entitled La Boheme, and combined with the word "Review"--voila! I just couldn't believe it, and had a real big smile on my face. I suddenly felt more interested in my knitting than opera!

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.98 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000