Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Greetings from sunny New England!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  11:53:43 AM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Hello everyone,

Itís so nice to have found you. I must admit Iíve been lurking around for awhile, and have been having a really good time. This is such a knowledgeable and welcoming knitting community.

I have been churning out lots of beautiful gifts lately, and now that Fatherís Day is taken care of, I intend to get down to some beautiful knitting for myself! Iím eager to make some face cloths with all those sensational pastel colors cotton comes inóIím particularly drawn to some of the gorgeous round patterns Iíve seen. And, dare I say it, Iíve found the most fabulous pattern for um...really sexy lingerie.

I churned out lots of embroidered bedsocks for Christmas. Most were for women, but my friendís husband went into ecstacies over his pair. She tells me he never takes them off, even in this weather! I knit a lot of ruffled rose pins for Valentineís Day (I added a touch of organza ribbon in the centers and attached it with a tiny ribbon flower.) For my friendís birthday, just at the beginning of spring, I knit her a tiny dusky pink stuffed bunny with white pom pom tail, cobalt blue eyes, a yellow ribbon around the neck, and a tiny yellow ribbon flower cocked aslant on top of the head. Very feminine! I actually felt a pang when it was time to give it awayóI think I bonded with the bunny while it was sitting on my table! And for Mother's Day, I knit the prettiest little purses (pink and white variegated) and sewed white lace around the flaps. Inside the buttonholes on each purse, I sewed a very pretty silver button.

Thereís so much I would love to learn here. Especially things like felting, which I havenít tried yet. And, Iím always looking for new and interesting and unusual patterns! I think it will be great to meet and talk and with you all!

Kendra

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful - Mae West

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  12:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Kendra, Welcome from Arkansas. My goodness you are a very busy knitter.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2596 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  12:39:48 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
SUNNY???? New England. Not only are you a prolific knitter, you are quite an optimist! Welcome!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

Meadra
Chatty Knitter

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  12:55:45 PM  Show Profile Send Meadra a Private Message
Welcome, Kendra! Where in New England are you?

anderknit, it's actually quite sunny and warm today here in NH (and supposed to be all weekend, barring a few thunderstorms!).

Christy
Go to Top of Page

mrssuem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  1:42:57 PM  Show Profile Send mrssuem a Private Message
Hey Kendra welcome form southeastern MA, where it is a sunny, warm day too. Hope it stays warm and sunny for you wherever you are located and welcome aboard. Sue
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2596 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  3:21:09 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
Well, keep that sun out. We'll be up there (on the Cape) next week.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  11:02:13 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Kendra,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and so glad you could join our knitting community.

Wow you are a busy and very talented lady.

Where is this wonderful pattern for sexy lingerie, I'd love to get it.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  04:41:10 AM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
What a lovely warm welcome!

Wanda, thank you! It must be gorgeous down south at this time of year. What kind of flowers do you have there? I am growing oxeye daisies, tall and white, in my garden, along with six varieties of marigolds, and lots of shades of pink impatiens. I have purple cone flowers from a friend to be planted this week-end, and will be putting in tall white iris soon, to replace the daisies. And, I have coleus and babyís breath seeds ready to be planted. Iíve just planted last yearís orange cosmos seeds in the cedar flower box on the deck, and am thrilled to see 8 sprouts already. Thatís 8 more than I thought would appear!

Anderknit, you are so funny! Yes, it was quite sunny yesterday, and you should see it this morning. As I sit at my computer desk, the sunshine is pouring in through the window. I can watch quite a show out the windowóbirds flying around from pine trees to rose bushes. There are robins out there now, walking around in the grass. There is even a resident bunny, who likes to appear after dinnertime, and who sits gracefully in the grass out my computer window. I promise you sunshine for your Cape beach vacation!

Christy, I am just across the border from you, in Mass. I spent my summers with my family on Lake Winnepesauke. Are you on the east side of Mass, or the west?

Sue, great to find you here! I am originally a Bostonian, now on the other side of the state. Weíll have to compare notes about LYS, etc.

Rose, do you eat prawns with avocado, and pikelet cakes? I know where Sydney (Manley Beach, Darling Harbor, etc.) and its Opera House, Bridge, etc. is, but I would love to hear about Melbourne. Is it also right on the water? You have, in Austalia, without equal, the most gorgeous wool. I have hand-knit presents from a friend in Sydney, which are knit with drop-dead gorgeous yarns. You are so lucky. I am totally happy to share the following sexy patterns (you'll love them):
1930ís bra and tap-panty ensemble, sexy ultra-feminine 1920ís nightie, Lolita legs fishnet stockings, garter belt and panty, even a thong for himóall, and more, are at www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04 They are gorgeous, you wonít believe your eyes. We must compare notes on our progress!

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful" - Mae West
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  12:56:48 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
Hi Kendra
Welcome from Ma.
What part of New England are you from?
I understand what you mean about turning out gifts. In the past two weeks I made a birthday present, thinking of gift, wedding gifts, and some other occassion that I am drawing a blank on.
Now on to some projects for - you guessed it..ME!!!!
scraffan aka Karen
Go to Top of Page

kjtendyke
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  2:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit kjtendyke's Homepage Send kjtendyke a Private Message
Hi Kendra!

Yet another welcome coming from Massachusetts (about 10 miles north of boston). Your little fingers have been busy! It's good that you've got a chance to make something for yourself (you too scraffan). I too just started working on 2 projects for me after working, what seems like tons, of things for Classic Elite and magazines. I hope you hang around for awhile, this place is great!

~Kristen~ [img]http://kristentendyke.com/images/turtle.gif[/img]

www.kristentendyke.com
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  06:53:27 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Kendra,

Thank you so much for the beautiful lingerie pattern, that will be my next project, but will have to make it a lot bigger.

Melbourne is a beautiful place but unlike Sydney we are not on a harbour, we are more on a bay that runs out to the open sea, it also has a lot of parks, trees, beautiful restaurants of all kinds, wool shops galore, along with books shops of all types, cafes where you can go too and knit with a cappucino or whatever takes your fancy.

The schools are great here and if you don't finish year 12, Matriculation you can go from Year 10 to TAFE where you finish Year 11 and 12, but also learn a trade, that is where my son has gone as he is not very academically inclined.

The City of Melbourne itself is beautiful, it would probably seem very small compared to America (I've never been there), we have trams, trains and buses that go to the city, we have new trams now that are silver, but the best ones were the 'old green rattlers', they were made out of wood, I think Elton John bought one for his garden.

The City of Melbourne is on the Yarra River and it has river taxis on it, they also have a lot of events there.

We have great Art galleries, museums and beautiful Botanical gardens.

In the winter time we also have snow up in the mountains, Falls Creek is great.

Plus most of the beaches once you get out of the city are lovely.

By the way it is winter time here now.

We also have plenty of bushland and lovely little country towns, a lot of them produce wool, like for instance Bendigo Woollen Mills, there used to be a mill in Hamilton that is now closed, it used to have on the label, Hamilton Wool Capital of the World and it is a dream to knit with, when you can get it.

Its funny for me to have to explain Melbourne, as I have lived here for most of my life, well 30 years anyway.

There is a lady called probablyjane who has just been over for a visit from England, she could probably give you a better idea.

I love prawns with avocado, but prefer sushi with salmon and avacado, plus I love pikelets in front of an open fire on a really cold night.

I'd love to hear about where you live.

Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  11:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Hi Kendra and welcome from RI.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
Warming Up

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  7:49:13 PM  Show Profile Send Susie Q a Private Message
Welcome from Kansas! And Welcome to the KRF!
I've got about 3 projects on needles right now and planning another..... :)
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  04:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Kendra........welcome to the group. Your pattern suggestion has certainly brought us to life and put a smile on our face. I'm happy you're here. I'm from NH as well.

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  12:39:58 PM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Anderknit, if it stays as sunny (and HOT) for your Cape vacation as it is here in Mass today, then youíre having a wonderful time!

Hi, Karen, Iím from the beautiful Commonwealth of Mass just like you, over on the glorious Western side. Iíve transplanted, from Boston. Of all those gifts you made in the last 2 weeks, I love the idea of a ďthinking of youĒ gift. Now onto treating yourself!

Hi Kristen. Youíre from my old neighborhood. Letís see, Nantasket Beach, Revere Beach, can you tell I have summer on my mind?! That sounds so interestingóplease tell me what youíve been doing for Classic Elite and magazines. Do you write, or design, or knit for them? How exciting!

Rose, Iím ready to purchase a ticket for Melbourne! Your description is beautiful, and I read it twice. Iím envisioning myself sitting at a cafť on the bay, sipping Ginger Peach tea, and knitting at an umbrella table. Thank you for reminding me itís now winter for you. I should have remembered, but when itís 94 and highly humid, one tends to forget such a thing as winter exists. I loved reading about the wool mill, too.

I live in a similarly charming paradise, also not on the ocean but a river, as Iím on the Western side of Massachusetts. Instead of the gorgeous craggy coastline where I grew up, Iím in the heart of lush, verdant farmlands and camel-backed mountains. One canít get enough of the museums, arts, crafts, music scene, and restaurants. And, I can go out my back door, walk down a street or two filled with preserved Victorian houses, past breakthtaking meadows and farmlands, up to the main street and suddenly urban again, across a little parking lot and Iím in one of the most famous LYSís in the world!

I adore knitting outside, and take my bag to many country places, only a hop, skip and jump away. I brought it with me to a business meeting last week that was held at the top of one of our mountains! The mountain is so magnificent that in autumn, itís on all the postcards. I saw someone there with a knit purse that I loved, and I asked her if she had knit it. I was going to ask her about the pattern. She said no, but said itís called a Sack purse. Like a hobo sac, and it was lime green. Iíve been looking, now, for a pattern for this, but havenít found one yet. Preferrably a free pattern! Iíll post the request on one of the pattern-seeking threads.

Rose, I love salmon, too. That sounds interesting, salmon with avocado. Iím going to try it. Do you mean smoked salmon, or grilled. I have a preference, and Iíll let you guess which one!

Hi, Debbie, I love Rhode Island, and not that far from me!

Susie Q, Iíve been to Kansas! Kansas City, and I remember it was very flatóno mountains! Three projects at once! Whatís on the planning board, something summery?

Old Knitter, your post put a big smile on my face as well, and youíve made me feel very welcome. Weíre neighbors!

Iím looking forward to get to read all of your blogs!

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  05:37:09 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Kendra,

Where you live, also sounds like a paradise and it is summer which makes it sound twice as good.

The salmon I eat, I think is smoked, although I doesn't taste smoky at all, I actually thought it was raw, but my son assures me it is smoked.

If you ever get down this way you will be most welcome.

Thanks for telling me about where you live.

Go to Top of Page

Corddrymum
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
519 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  08:23:50 AM  Show Profile Send Corddrymum a Private Message
Welcome,Kendra from Westwood, MA
It sounds lovely where you are and I have visited in Williamstown several times while my son was doing the theater there. It's a beautiful place but the ride home on Rt#2 can be a bit odiferous when it's hot and the cows are out!
You're going to love it here and we'll love having you. It sounds like you are a very prolific knitter and I envy you. I'm still pretty slow.
Have a great time here!
Robin
Go to Top of Page

Kendrasue
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  12:52:39 PM  Show Profile Send Kendrasue a Private Message
Thank you so much, Robin! I have only once driven "The Mohawk Trail" and it was to visit relatives in New Hampshire. I guess I was lucky, as it wasn't too hot (laughing!) One of my most favorite museums is in Williamstown, near the college--Sterling and Clark. Very Victorian, with a Degas self-portrait in the permanent collections. I saw his statue "Little Dancer" there when it was on tour. And, the Rossetti exhibit, as well. Now, is Westwood near Framingham? Or, correct me if I'm wrong.

I do love it here, and am so happy to meet you and everyone else.

Kendra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Corddrymum
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
519 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  1:24:08 PM  Show Profile Send Corddrymum a Private Message
Westwood is about 30 minutes SEast of Framingham. I work in Natick and it takes me less than 30 min to get to work by the woodsy back roads.
Robin
Go to Top of Page

Meadra
Chatty Knitter

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:47:48 AM  Show Profile Send Meadra a Private Message
Kendra, I live in Concord, NH, so only about an hour from Boston. My husband, son, and I will be out in your neck of the woods next month attending the Vermont Ren Faire which is being held at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Greenfield, MA this year. http://www.vtrenfest.com/index.html

Yeah, I know it's the Vermont Ren Faire, but they outgrew where they've been holding it the past couple years and they're having trouble getting approvals from the state for the land that they purchased to hold the fair, so it moved to MA this year.

Christy
Go to Top of Page

Dakota122503
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:58:10 AM  Show Profile Send Dakota122503 a Private Message
Hello Kendra!!! Another MA knitter here!! I am on the west side of central MA so perhaps not to far from you? Sounds like you are quite the busy knitter!!!

~Carolyn
Wife to Brandon 7/8/00 Mommy to Mathias 11/12/05
Dakotaís Natural Knits Tickle Turdle Wool Wraps, knitted toys, hats, and more!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?