Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 Mystery Book club and knitalong
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  2:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
Hmm...okay, I'm very very intrigued, as I read almost exclusively mysteries. I'm just concerned that between my current WIPs and that little thing called my job, I won't have enough time to do additional projects. Very interested, but will have to think about it.

"Alright everyone, back to your knitting..."
- Fred or George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  10:18:00 AM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message
I hate to be a dummy, but just to be clear, one does not need to have a blog to join? I don't really have the need for one right now, so it is OK to just email back and forth?

Thanks!

And just to prove I'm a mystery fan, a new Miss Marple will be on my local PBS, Chicago time 9-10 p.m. Sunday night. [meow][meow]

Go to Top of Page

AkamaiKnitter
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  02:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit AkamaiKnitter's Homepage  Send AkamaiKnitter a Yahoo! Message Send AkamaiKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Greyling

I hate to be a dummy, but just to be clear, one does not need to have a blog to join? I don't really have the need for one right now, so it is OK to just email back and forth?

That is correct. You just need to be registered with blogger. There are no mandatory demands of blogging here. I promise. Maybe some cajoling though. Or pleading.

Aloha,
Opal

The Akamai Knitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

AkamaiKnitter
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  02:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit AkamaiKnitter's Homepage  Send AkamaiKnitter a Yahoo! Message Send AkamaiKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kadiddly

Hmm...okay, I'm very very intrigued, as I read almost exclusively mysteries. I'm just concerned that between my current WIPs and that

I've got the same concerns. I usually try to incorporate the themes of several KALs into one WIPs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

The knitted projects won't be mandatory anyway. I don't think I'll have the energy or the desire to police anyone into making sure they did a project. So you might want to join for the book forums. Just a thought!

Aloha,
Opal

The Akamai Knitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

anngem
Warming Up

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  07:55:03 AM  Show Profile Send anngem a Private Message
What happened to KillerKnitalong? I went there this morning and no site! YIKES! Are we over so soon?? Did somebody kill us off? Who?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  11:24:51 AM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
anngem, the name was changed (and the url) to:

http://www.whoduknit.blogspot.com/

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday----Dale Carnegie
blog: http://museknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3983 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  11:55:13 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
After we register at the forum, what is the next step?

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  4:16:59 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message
I've suggested that, maybe, when there is a busy month ahead, that maybe, we could use a movie in place of reading a book.

My library has copies of the Miss Marples with Margaret Rutherford available, and I think I have a book with a knitted coat that would emulate one of her outfits. (Will post name of book when I can find it in craft room.)

Wouldn't that be loverly?

Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  2:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Donna, I would imagine that the next step will be nominating books for the first month and then voting on them. Then we read and knit!
And Kadiddly, it doesn't have to be a big project. The idea is to come up with something that relates to the book, but it can be as small as a cover for a dagger *laughs* or as big as the knitted coat that Greyling is talking about. Everyone chooses their own project to knit according to their skills and time constraints. So don't let lack of time keep you away!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
www.janevdoviak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Expat2
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
459 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  09:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Expat2's Homepage Send Expat2 a Private Message
The Classics KAL has a theme (or era in the case of Knit the Classics) for each month so that the books nominated fit that theme. I think that makes it easier for nominating books. Also if you don't like that month's theme you can skip a month. I wouldn't have thought you would want to end up with the same type of book each month.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?