Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 Mystery Book club and knitalong
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AkamaiKnitter
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  09:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit AkamaiKnitter's Homepage  Send AkamaiKnitter a Yahoo! Message Send AkamaiKnitter a Private Message
Does anyone know of a knitalong plus book club like Knit The Classics, but with Mystery books?

If not, would anyone be interested?

Thanks!
Opal

http://akamaiknitter.blogspot.com/

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  12:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Beautiful lace, Opal! I've been looking for a "Knit the Mysteries" book club too. I would definitely join. I'm not blog literate enough to start on on my own - anybody out there who is?

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
www.janevdoviak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

morandia
Chatty Knitter

250 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  12:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit morandia's Homepage Send morandia a Private Message
I don't know of one, but I would be interested!!!
Go to Top of Page

AkamaiKnitter
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  3:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit AkamaiKnitter's Homepage  Send AkamaiKnitter a Yahoo! Message Send AkamaiKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by janev

Beautiful lace, Opal! I've been looking for a "Knit the Mysteries" book club too. I would definitely join. I'm not blog literate enough to start on on my own - anybody out there who is?

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Aloha,
Opal

The Akamai Knitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  4:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message
Can someone explain what this is? Sounds very interesting so far....

bonnie

Check out my blog:
Tropical Knits
http://www.booglass.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  4:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Hi Bonnie
There is a Knit with the Classics KAL where members vote on which book they will read each month, and then come up with a knitting project that reflects that book. There is a seperate forum to discuss the book, and one to post pictures of projects. There is a prize for the best project - usually one that relates best to the book.
So a Knit with the Mysteries would work something like that. This is how it works: http://knittheclassics.blogspot.com/2006/01/how-ktc-works.html

Jane
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  5:27:03 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Sounds like fun to me! Keep us informed.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  6:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Aloha to you too Opal,

So - what do you think about starting a KWM KAL?

Jane
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  08:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message
Oooooh. I like the sound of that! I would love to particpate, if I can get my hands on the book in time.

bonnie

Check out my blog:
Tropical Knits
Go to Top of Page

she11ygirl@verizon.net
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  3:10:59 PM  Show Profile Send she11ygirl@verizon.net a Private Message

Okay all!!
We have started one- thanks for the great responce!

Opal, Wendy and I shall be your admin people for this knitalong..we started a Blogspot for it:
http://killerknitalong.blogspot.com/

Please join up- we are looking for a name - and are running a bit of a contest to see if we can come up with a better one.

So---dust off your books- lets start this mystery book knit along right!!

Glad to see everyone!
Go to Top of Page

anngem
Warming Up

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  6:56:31 PM  Show Profile Send anngem a Private Message
I'm in if I can only keep up. I'm already in another book club but I LOVE mysteries.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  7:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message
Is there a way to get a blogger account without a blogger blog? I really want to sign up and do this but I have a typepad blog and no blogger account. Thanks!

bonnie

Check out my blog:
Tropical Knits
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  7:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Great - I'm going to sign up right now!

Jane
Go to Top of Page

AkamaiKnitter
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  01:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit AkamaiKnitter's Homepage  Send AkamaiKnitter a Yahoo! Message Send AkamaiKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by booglass

Is there a way to get a blogger account without a blogger blog? I really want to sign up and do this but I have a typepad blog and no blogger account. Thanks!

A lot of people don't creat a blog to go along with their blogger account. So I'd go for it :-)

Aloha,
Opal

Go to Top of Page

AkamaiKnitter
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  01:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit AkamaiKnitter's Homepage  Send AkamaiKnitter a Yahoo! Message Send AkamaiKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by booglass

Oooooh. I like the sound of that! I would love to particpate, if I can get my hands on the book in time.

If we start discussing what book to use in July, that should give everyone enough time to get it. At least that's what I hope!

Aloha,
Opal

Go to Top of Page

carolbeech
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  06:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit carolbeech's Homepage Send carolbeech a Private Message
I love reading and knitting..........what's not to like? I'm in! connie
Go to Top of Page

AkamaiKnitter
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  09:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit AkamaiKnitter's Homepage  Send AkamaiKnitter a Yahoo! Message Send AkamaiKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by janev

Hi Jane,

I just noticed my reply to you doesn't exactly have a reply. Oops!

Anyway I do hope you join in on the fun! Thanks so much for the lovely compliment on the lace I did.

Aloha,
Opal

Go to Top of Page

morandia
Chatty Knitter

250 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  09:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit morandia's Homepage Send morandia a Private Message
How can you comment with a group name suggestion? I sent it in an email since I didn't see an option to comment....
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  12:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Morandia,
Go here: http://killerknitalong.blogspot.com/
Then scroll down and click on 'comments' to suggest a group name.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  12:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by AkamaiKnitter

Hi Jane,

I just noticed my reply to you doesn't exactly have a reply. Oops!

Anyway I do hope you join in on the fun! Thanks so much for the lovely compliment on the lace I did.

Aloha,
Opal

[/quote]

I've been to your blog a couple of times Opal, and I'm just blown away by your lace. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I sent you an e-mail to sign up for the "Killer Knitalong" but it came back undeliverable for some reason, so I sent it to Shelly. I'm so glad that the three of you are doing this - it's going to be a lot of fun!
Jane

Jane
Go to Top of Page

AkamaiKnitter
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  12:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit AkamaiKnitter's Homepage  Send AkamaiKnitter a Yahoo! Message Send AkamaiKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by morandia

How can you comment with a group name suggestion? I sent it in an email since I didn't see an option to comment....

To join the group you need to email either Shelly or myself so we can add you manually through blogger. Our email information is on the web page on the upper right side of the page.

Anyone can leave a comment, but to actually join the KAL, one of the Admin's needs to get an email address from you.

Hope that clears the water.

Aloha,
Opal

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000