Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Embarrassing habits when admiring yarn
 Embarassed...no; in love...yes!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hookd1989
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  09:20:21 AM  Show Profile Send hookd1989 a Private Message
First, it's the color or texture across a crowded room...

Then, it's our first touch...you can learn alot about yarn from its touch.

Lastly, it's the hug...cheek to skein as it were...

If we get to the hug...it's a sale! Sometimes there's drooling in there somewhere in there...hehehe.

~~<<@ Michelle @>>~~

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  11:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Yarn Nut
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  1:27:58 PM  Show Profile Send Yarn Nut a Private Message
If you start french kissing that yarn...you BETTER buy it!
Go to Top of Page

Becky in MO
Seriously Hooked

769 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  1:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Becky in MO a Yahoo! Message Send Becky in MO a Private Message
ROFLOL!!!! No french kissing aloud - in case your credit card is denied!
Go to Top of Page

hookd1989
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  6:08:36 PM  Show Profile Send hookd1989 a Private Message
Ah, ah, ah...no tongue!
And we don't have credit cards...so like I said...if it gets to the hug...it's sold!

;)

~~<<@ Michelle @>>~~
Go to Top of Page

Msyarny
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:00:30 AM  Show Profile Send Msyarny a Private Message
I do that too I thought I was the only one. But I did get caught at my LYS, sunggling away. " She's snuggling the yarn." I was sort of embaraessed but who cares, I couldn't resist it was sooo soft. I had to buy it.

You can never ever have enough yarn stashed away...
Go to Top of Page

Dances with Needles
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile Send Dances with Needles a Private Message
I cheek test/neck test anything that I am considering buying which means that I will be walking aroud the store with a skein snuggled into my neck like a specially soft kitten. it also gives me a chance to find out if it sheds or the dye migrates. If you are both short of cash and a yarn snob go for the fine yarns and small needles for the most knitting fun for your dollar spent, and sock yarn is an excellent investment because it gives you a project in a skein, the project takes three or so weeks, and it doesn't matter what size they end up because almost everyone is delighted to get a pair of handknit socks.

DWN
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
New Pal

Vatican City
22 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  3:45:34 PM  Show Profile Send pinkroses a Private Message
Tee Hee. I do the hug and touch. and feel. If it isn't soft enough forget it. Pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

nandodge
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  10:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Send nandodge a Yahoo! Message Send nandodge a Private Message
I not only fondle and rub the yarn against my cheek, but I also sniff. (French kissing is out, unless it's my second date with the yarn.)
Go to Top of Page

Queen Knitsalot
Permanent Resident

USA
1331 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  11:24:12 AM  Show Profile Send Queen Knitsalot a Private Message
I am such a huge fan of the "cheek swipe"! I have also been seen doing the "Please don't squeeze the Charmin!" with various yarns. Hubby and chilruns REFUSE to go into the yarn shop with me, they will only come in to get me when it is well past time to go--for them, not me. Sniffing yarns is also an option well used!

suzanne
"The most wasted day in all our lives is the day on which we have not laughed"--I wish I knew
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  5:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message
I am finding myself snuggling with the yarn. If it's soft to the touch then it goes to the cheek. I haven't been caught yet doing that with anyone that I know but it's bound to happen sooner or later.
~Ana
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  06:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Such loose women we have here. Kissing, hugging, snuggling on the first date. Don't want to know what happens on the second date. hehehe

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

WhyteDove
New Pal

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  12:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhyteDove's Homepage Send WhyteDove a Private Message
I am so glad; I am not the only one that snuggles yarn against my cheek, neck and back of the hand.[blush] Then I squeeze and checks out the color of the yarn. If it doesn’t pass that, it doesn't get a ride in my kart or basket, and taken home, to snuggle somemore. Ok! I sometimes sniff the yarn...LOL!

Kandie

http://whytedoveusa.net
Go to Top of Page

Yarn Ho
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  10:43:11 AM  Show Profile Send Yarn Ho a Private Message
Ok, I admit it! I snuggle the yarn and I smell it. Yes I smell it. I can not help myself! I do not know why I do it, but I do!

Knit or get off the Pot!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Yarn Ho, I love you name.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

hissyknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  1:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit hissyknit's Homepage Send hissyknit a Private Message
I'm a sniffer. Sounds faintly disgusting but I love the smell of yarn. I close my eyes (only for a minute b/c my three year old will break the LYS's spinning wheel) and sniff.

Christy B.
"I run with scissors and eat paste."
Go to Top of Page

FreakyFiberista
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  8:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit FreakyFiberista's Homepage  Send FreakyFiberista a Yahoo! Message Send FreakyFiberista a Private Message
I'm the type that does the snuggle, the squeeze, and even the gentle finger poke into the center of center pull balls. I will mutter and coo to myself whilst all this is going on.

Yep, I am such a yarn pervert lol! Yarn molestation has become an artform with me.

[img]http://www.forumsigs.com/users/FreakyFiberista/KnitThisBlinkie.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  5:47:26 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
My fiance' does the finger poke, then makes crude jokes :eyeroll:, I on the otherhand, prefer the booby ot tummy rub, that's the most sensitive spot of me, and I wanna know if it'll feel good on all of my skin.

It's been six months, but I'm back in the knitting game!
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  12:05:08 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
I can't buy yarn without sniffing and snuggling--gotta test the itchy-ness factor. The only thing that mystifies me is that I have never ever seen anyone else doing it! Yet everyone I know says they do! Perhaps they have more developed yarn-fondling stealth capabilities.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?