Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Celebrate Your Stars
 Check out what I just noticed...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  4:39:06 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Love the chart :}. I've noticed in the past that there are some 'sustaining member' stars. I've always wondered what the difference is.

mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  4:39:06 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Love the chart :}. I've noticed in the past that there are some 'sustaining member' stars. I've always wondered what the difference is.

mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4369 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  6:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mwyn

Back when Clara first began to accept donations to help support all our yackety-yacking here on the Forums, she made a category for "sustaining members." That didn't last long, because many folks felt a bit uncomfortable about it. It seems to have remained under my name, but I'm fine with it (I'm really just a talkative old forum member permanent resident).

I figure it can serve to remind all of us that we have a wonderful Queen Bee, a fantastic place to come and hang out, and that with member support our community can continue to grow without adding more stress to Clara's life (after all, she has to put up with enough from us, don't you think?). There's more information on the Honor Roll page (the link is also at the top right of every page, above the logout button).

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flikr Album
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4369 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  6:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mwyn

Back when Clara first began to accept donations to help support all our yackety-yacking here on the Forums, she made a category for "sustaining members." That didn't last long, because many folks felt a bit uncomfortable about it. It seems to have remained under my name, but I'm fine with it (I'm really just a talkative old forum member permanent resident).

I figure it can serve to remind all of us that we have a wonderful Queen Bee, a fantastic place to come and hang out, and that with member support our community can continue to grow without adding more stress to Clara's life (after all, she has to put up with enough from us, don't you think?). There's more information on the Honor Roll page (the link is also at the top right of every page, above the logout button).

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flikr Album
Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Thanks Jane; that makes perfect sense. I like the idea of 'sustaining member' because it would remind us that this hugh forum takes $$$. Sometimes I forget. Take it for granted. I have to admit though, being unemployed - I wouldn't qualify. Yet...:}
Thank You Clara.

mwyn

Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Thanks Jane; that makes perfect sense. I like the idea of 'sustaining member' because it would remind us that this hugh forum takes $$$. Sometimes I forget. Take it for granted. I have to admit though, being unemployed - I wouldn't qualify. Yet...:}
Thank You Clara.

mwyn

Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  8:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lavender Stripes

I did notice that once-- I thought it was nice. It really distinguishes the permanent residents, and makes them stick out so that you know they are people whose information you can generally trust... or they just really like to talk (

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/QueenLorien/USALaceTeam.jpg[/img]

I hadn't actually noticed the different color. Pretty cool.
Anyway, I think I fall into the "just really like to talk" group. I've only been here about 14 months, and it didn't take me long to be a permanent resident. I just chat a lot. I often knit or play with sculpey at the same time, so at least I am being somewhat productive. That makes me feel better about my time on the computer.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

[img]http://members.cox.net/blwinteler/th_TeamVegas2.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  8:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lavender Stripes

I did notice that once-- I thought it was nice. It really distinguishes the permanent residents, and makes them stick out so that you know they are people whose information you can generally trust... or they just really like to talk (

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/QueenLorien/USALaceTeam.jpg[/img]

I hadn't actually noticed the different color. Pretty cool.
Anyway, I think I fall into the "just really like to talk" group. I've only been here about 14 months, and it didn't take me long to be a permanent resident. I just chat a lot. I often knit or play with sculpey at the same time, so at least I am being somewhat productive. That makes me feel better about my time on the computer.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

[img]http://members.cox.net/blwinteler/th_TeamVegas2.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2006 :  06:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Thanks posting the list, greengirl. I was wondering how long it took to get to the next star.

Jane, thanks for explanation for "sustating member", which I was also wondering about.

=^..^= Debbie [meow] http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2006 :  06:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Thanks posting the list, greengirl. I was wondering how long it took to get to the next star.

Jane, thanks for explanation for "sustating member", which I was also wondering about.

=^..^= Debbie [meow] http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

WhyteDove
New Pal

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  02:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhyteDove's Homepage Send WhyteDove a Private Message
Thank you GreenGirl, I was wondering what the stars where for. Looks like I have a lot of posting to do to get my first star! Can't wait to get it! Might get it before 2007![:00]

Kandie

My Home Page: http://whytedoveusa.net
Go to Top of Page

WhyteDove
New Pal

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  02:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhyteDove's Homepage Send WhyteDove a Private Message
Thank you GreenGirl, I was wondering what the stars where for. Looks like I have a lot of posting to do to get my first star! Can't wait to get it! Might get it before 2007![:00]

Kandie

My Home Page: http://whytedoveusa.net
Go to Top of Page

craftybernie
Gabber Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
398 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  07:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit craftybernie's Homepage Send craftybernie a Private Message
Thanks GreenGirl for posting this.

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me!"

www.craftybernie.blogspot.com (my knitting blog)
www.fairystuff.blogspot.com (my handmade flower fairies)
www.knit1blogtoo.blogspot.com (knitting bloggers webring)
Go to Top of Page

craftybernie
Gabber Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
398 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  07:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit craftybernie's Homepage Send craftybernie a Private Message
Thanks GreenGirl for posting this.

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me!"

www.craftybernie.blogspot.com (my knitting blog)
www.fairystuff.blogspot.com (my handmade flower fairies)
www.knit1blogtoo.blogspot.com (knitting bloggers webring)
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  8:06:14 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message
Isn't it wonderful how we all learn new things?

I hadn't noticed the difference in star color once you became permanent. Now I'll have to look for it.

Margie
Go to Top of Page

mamid
Permanent Resident

Canada
1568 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  10:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Send mamid a Yahoo! Message Send mamid a Private Message
There's a difference? I haven't noticed.

The Last Thread
Go to Top of Page

NNIK
New Pal

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  4:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit NNIK's Homepage  Send NNIK a Yahoo! Message Send NNIK a Private Message
That is good to know. Guess I have to start chatting.
Go to Top of Page

chantalscraftycorner
Warming Up

79 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  6:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit chantalscraftycorner's Homepage Send chantalscraftycorner a Private Message
I like the star idea
guess I better get busy, i've got a ways to go before getting my first star

Chantal
www.ChantalsCraftyCorner.com
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  10:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
i was curious about how this worked and was also wanting to know if there was a way to contribute monetarily for this forum. Great topic and info. AND I don't know why but it is really exciting getting stars, :)

Crystal
"Get your Knit On" http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
My Yahoo Knit Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganknitters/
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  10:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
i was curious about how this worked and was also wanting to know if there was a way to contribute monetarily for this forum. Great topic and info. AND I don't know why but it is really exciting getting stars, :)

Crystal
"Get your Knit On" http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
My Yahoo Knit Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganknitters/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000