Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Pattern Talk
 Share your creations!
 Pattern Question
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hannah
Warming Up

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  2:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hannah's Homepage Send Hannah a Private Message
I am wondering if any one here knows of a website or other venue where I could publish single patterns (not ready for a book yet). I'd love to get a little money for them if possible and maybe take the plunge someday soon and try to publish a book.....
Thanks!

So much yarn, so little time!

bftscgirl
Chatty Knitter

231 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  2:43:04 PM  Show Profile Send bftscgirl a Private Message
If you have a blog you can open( post a picture and the basic info on the pattern) a paypal account and people can buy the pattern straight from you, start your own little business. I am sure some of the people here have done that and could give u some idea on how to get that started. Other than that I don't know of any magazines that pay bigginners or anyone for that matter for patterns. Goodluck in whatever you decide.

Rae

Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2210 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  6:01:08 PM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
There is a site - some people on this forum publish patterns there; I don't recall the name of the site though, and I don't know what terms they have.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

go get your smock
Chatty Knitter

328 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  09:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit go get your smock's Homepage Send go get your smock a Private Message
Two pay-per-pdf sites I have looked into are:

www.lulu.com
www.payloadz.com

Lulu (a PDF and print-on-demand service) will let you purchase a hard copy of the written material, but color printing can be quite costly.

If you get to the point where you'd like to print your own, assuming you've had lots of interest in the PDF versions and the public is clammoring for hard copies, you can make your own 4-page color versions at someplace like

www.48hourprint.com

Diane in Chicago

www.feltedhandbagworkshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  09:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Chiagu.com and TheKnittingVault.com will both host patterns for you. Both create PDFs for you. I have worked with Chiagu and enjoyed it.

Amanda,
who
Knits

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

bftscgirl
Chatty Knitter

231 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  09:43:27 AM  Show Profile Send bftscgirl a Private Message
I did find this website http://www.thegarterbelt.com/. I am not sure if they pay you for your design,but it is worth looking into.

Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?