Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 Linda Ligon gets top publishing honor
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  10:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
This is so incredible! I just got the press release and had to share it here.

Linda Ligon, the woman who founded Interweave Press at her kitchen table in 1975 and who is currently serving as its creative director, was just named to Folio: magazine's "Folio: 40" list of top innovators and influencers in the publishing industry.

A few reasons why I think this is so cool:

The Folio: 40 is one of the publishing industry's oldest, most prestigious lists. It honors publishers who've had a singificant impact on their own products and the magazine industry in general. So this is a valid, respected venue.

Second, and more exciting to me personally, Ligon is the only "craft enthusiast media executive" to appear on the list. She shares it with such folks as Lauren Stanich, president of publishing, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia; John Kilcullen, president and publisher, Billboard; Jack Kliger, president and CEO, Hachette Filpacchi; Anna Wintour, editor in chief, Vogue; and Jon Stewart, host, The Daily Show.

To have our industry validated at such a high level is extremely gratifying and inspiring.

So... go us! And go Linda, for getting such well-deserved recognition!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  10:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Oh, good for her! Yay, Linda! Yay, fiber arts!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  10:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Oh, good for her! Yay, Linda! Yay, fiber arts!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4387 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  10:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
That's wonderful news! I just realized that I've been a subscriber to Interweave publications since 1977, and I'm proud to be one of her readers. Thanks for telling us, Clara!

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flikr Album
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4387 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  10:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
That's wonderful news! I just realized that I've been a subscriber to Interweave publications since 1977, and I'm proud to be one of her readers. Thanks for telling us, Clara!

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flikr Album
Go to Top of Page

Pat in east Texas
Chatty Knitter

314 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  3:12:02 PM  Show Profile Send Pat in east Texas a Private Message
That's great! Interweave magazines are top-quality for sure. Since we travel so much I don't subscribe to any magazines, but it seems that I pick up Interweave magazines whenever I'm at a newsstand.
Go to Top of Page

Pat in east Texas
Chatty Knitter

314 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  3:12:02 PM  Show Profile Send Pat in east Texas a Private Message
That's great! Interweave magazines are top-quality for sure. Since we travel so much I don't subscribe to any magazines, but it seems that I pick up Interweave magazines whenever I'm at a newsstand.
Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  4:55:24 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
Wow! That's REALLY cool! That is quite a prestigous list!

Maria

http://sapphyreknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  4:55:24 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
Wow! That's REALLY cool! That is quite a prestigous list!

Maria

http://sapphyreknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gwenith
Chatty Knitter

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  5:29:03 PM  Show Profile Send gwenith a Private Message
Oh! How marveloso! Wondrous! Great!

She was my first universal citizen.

Already, when I met her at the 2nd SOAR, she was known around the world. I've had to pay-it-forward a complete set of the magazines "Spin Off, Handwoven, Peicework', and random copies of the others.

It is my opinion only, that she has changed the world for the better, more than any other person I know of. She should receive recognition outside of the publishing discipline. I'm sure she will.

Thanks for the heads up.
:)gwenith
Go to Top of Page

mkeson
Chatty Knitter

123 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  6:59:36 PM  Show Profile Send mkeson a Private Message
That is great! I've always hoped we were distantly related since my mother's maiden name is Ligon.

Mary from VA
"Housework is like threading beads on a string with no knot at the end."
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  11:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Isn't it cool when such an innovative person like her is honored? I have been subscribing to IK for less than a handful of years & it has been a must-read for me since my 1st issue.
Thanks, Clara, for telling us about this.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  11:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Isn't it cool when such an innovative person like her is honored? I have been subscribing to IK for less than a handful of years & it has been a must-read for me since my 1st issue.
Thanks, Clara, for telling us about this.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  4:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
At last, industry recognition broadens to recognize such talent and innovation in 'craft media'! This is great news!

Jane Thornley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?