Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 MDSW catalog has arrived!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  3:37:44 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
It was in the mail yesterday! The cover logo is so cute! Iwas hoping I wouldn't like it so I wouldn't have to get in that t-shirt line, but no such luck.

Have you seen the Disney World commercial where the kids are talking about their upcoming visit? The mother tells them to go to sleep and the little boy rolls around and exclaims, "I'm too excited to sleep!" That's how I feel. Still a month away!

Anita
My completed projects

and here

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  3:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I saw the logo on their website last week - it's SO cute, isn't it? I'm already planning on getting a shirt/tote/other memorabilia first thing!

I never get a catalog mailed to me, which I think is really unfair. I mean, sure, it's logical that they'd like Anita better than me, but it's not fair.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

careynev
Chatty Knitter

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  3:46:35 PM  Show Profile Send careynev a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by achrisvet

It was in the mail yesterday! The cover logo is so cute! Iwas hoping I wouldn't like it so I wouldn't have to get in that t-shirt line, but no such luck.

Have you seen the Disney World commercial where the kids are talking about their upcoming visit? The mother tells them to go to sleep and the little boy rolls around and exclaims, "I'm too excited to sleep!" That's how I feel. Still a month away!

[:00] I know just what you mean--I have been avoiding buying t-shirts of all sorts (you can only own so many, really), but when I saw that image on the website, I thought the same thing--I need to get in that line and find something to buy!

http://nerdyknitter.blogspot.com

Judy, the Nerdy Knitter
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  6:39:41 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RoseByAny

I saw the logo on their website last week - it's SO cute, isn't it? I'm already planning on getting a shirt/tote/other memorabilia first thing!

I never get a catalog mailed to me, which I think is really unfair. I mean, sure, it's logical that they'd like Anita better than me, but it's not fair.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."

Well, of course I see their reasoning - I'm just so lovable -- but have you ever signed up to get one at the Festival?

I'm modest, too.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  6:43:10 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I bought one of their mugs once, but the picture disappears after multiple runs through the dishwasher. Butif they are just oo cute I may get one and keep it at work where it will only get handwashed.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

CatherineM
Permanent Resident

USA
3363 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  6:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit CatherineM's Homepage Send CatherineM a Private Message
Buy online, don't wait in that line! I stood in the line to find that what I wanted was sold out, and ordered a baseball cap and a mug after I got home. My mug hasn't lost its luster Anita, but I don't use it as often as the Pooh mug.

Catherine
http://www.yorkiedog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  7:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by achrisvet

I'm modest, too.

One of your many charms.

Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  06:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
Anita - you took the words out of my mouth! As soon as the posted the vendor list, my sister and I looked at each other and said "we're too excited to sleep!" !!!

I also love the logo this year - I saw it posted on the website a few weeks back. I may have to cave and buy a tshirt on line after the festival (can't waste valuable shopping time waiting in line!)

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  5:18:55 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
They are still selling last year's stuff online now. Do they not sell this year's untila fter the festival? I guess if they didn't wait they might not have enough to sell at the festival.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  9:20:08 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
Would someone kindly tell me what MDSW is?

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page

diane leirer
Chatty Knitter

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  10:38:45 PM  Show Profile Send diane leirer a Private Message
Phlame, I think they are talking about the Maryland Sheep/Wool Festival. At least that is what I am guessing?...........Diane
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  04:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
You'd be right, Diane. And Catherine - you are righter. I'm going right there right now and order the right size t-shirt.

I've never bought a MS&W shirt before but this year fell in love with the logo too. Besides, since I'm on a fiber fast, I can justify buying a t-shirt.

Only 6 weeks away - but I have the Spring Fiber Festival in between. Thank goodness.

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  05:52:59 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Hi, the excitement finding the catalog in my mailbox was the highlight of my day! Martha Polkey raises sheep in Loudoun County and she is truly artistic. I took a group of students to her farm which has a remodeled 1800's log cabin wing for her studio, and she was so much fun. She does really cute felted objects too. I was thrilled to see that she got the cover art award for this year.

I'm ready! Let's go! Where are we meeting for lunch? I am really excited to see the Navajo Nation weavers. I've ALWAYS wanted to visit Taos but have never been able so they should give me a taste of what goes on with Churro wool and rugs.

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

jamesedwinsneed
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  06:24:23 AM  Show Profile Send jamesedwinsneed a Private Message
Is there a link to buy this year's stuff yet? There web site still has last year's logo items.
I NEED(lust for, crave...)a sheep tote. This year's logo is precious.
Gayle
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  06:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I think the assumption was correct that they aren't selling this year's logo til after the fest. I can't find the new stuff on the site anywhere (and it is absolutely precious!)

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  08:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Nope. I just bought a t-shirt this a.m.

On the storefront web page there is a link specifically to 2006 items. At first I was looking in the t-shirt section and the sweat-shirt section but you have to look in the section labeled 2006 or Current or something like that. (My ISP is too slow to go check it but believe me, it's there.)

Bess
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  08:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I can't find it anywhere on the page I'm looking at. I've clicked on every single link and it keeps showing me 2005...

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  10:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Ha! You are right - it is 2005. Ahh well. I liked that one too and was sorry I didn't get one.

Duh me.

Bess
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  7:05:30 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
Thanks Diane...I never would have figured that one out!

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  8:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
I wouldn't have figured it out either Shirley. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading a foreign language when I read the posts here - but I'm starting to figure things out!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
www.janevdoviak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jardinier
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  10:45:16 PM  Show Profile Send Jardinier a Private Message
Thanks for asking Phlame, I couldn't figure it out either & was about ready to ask.

~Priscilla~

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risk, breaking rules, making mistakes, & having fun.....Mary Lou Cook
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?