Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Needles and Security
 Jury duty summons!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

SweaterGrrrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  7:48:44 PM  Show Profile Send SweaterGrrrl a Private Message
I was on a jury about a year ago, and I found it to be a very rewarding experience.

In Massachusetts, our employers are required to pay us for the first 3 days, and if the trial is longer, I think the court pays about $50 a day.

In the US we are given so many freedoms, and we are asked to do very little in exchange. Compared to serving in the military, it's a small price to pay for our country.

SweaterGrrrl
Go to Top of Page

fleurdog
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  10:10:42 PM  Show Profile Send fleurdog a Private Message
I just finished being on a jury here in San Diego, CA and wanted to let you all know about my experience knitting during the process.

Although the written materials about jury service included knitting and embroidery needles along with other prohibited items, I had no trouble bringing in and using my size 0 bamboo sock needles, and my #8 Denise circs. I also saw a woman doing counted cross stitch in the jury lounge with no problem. She told me that they did have a look at her small scissors, but let them through.

After being selected to be on the jury I knitted during all the breaks out in the hallway with no problem at all.

Between finishing a sock, starting a dishcloth, and sitting on the jury of a very interesting trial with some pretty cool fellow jury members, it was a great experience start to finish. I'd be glad to do it again anytime!

"Waddaya expect me to do, sit home and knit?"

-line from film noir classic
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by