Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Do you knit...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KnittinMomma
New Pal

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  8:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnittinMomma's Homepage Send KnittinMomma a Private Message
Do you knit faster when you are uptight or angry? My dh always says that he can tell when to stay away from me by how fast I'm knitting.[:00] He's also said that it scared him when I knit with my bamboo needles and I'm mad. He's afraid that I'll get going so fast, the friction between the needles will ignite the yarn! [whatever] I didn't notice that I did it until he said something and then I realized he was right and now I get self conscious about it. Anyone else do this??

Melissa

My Blog!
www.eightpointsofdeath.blogspot.com

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  9:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I might not notice if I'm doing it until later when I look at the fabric. That's when I can tell I changed tension...for whatever reason!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  9:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I might not notice if I'm doing it until later when I look at the fabric. That's when I can tell I changed tension...for whatever reason!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  07:19:27 AM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
I used to do counted cross-stitch. One of my instructors said the best time to do pulled thread work was when you were really pissed off about something because you could pull the working thread very tightly. She was right.

As for knitting, I haven't noticed if I knit faster or tighter when I'm stressed. Interesting theory though.

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, overlook the unattractive and smile through the unbearable.

To learn more about healthy nutrition for your cat, go here: http://www.catnutrition.org and here: http://www.catinfo.org/
Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  07:19:27 AM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
I used to do counted cross-stitch. One of my instructors said the best time to do pulled thread work was when you were really pissed off about something because you could pull the working thread very tightly. She was right.

As for knitting, I haven't noticed if I knit faster or tighter when I'm stressed. Interesting theory though.

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, overlook the unattractive and smile through the unbearable.

To learn more about healthy nutrition for your cat, go here: http://www.catnutrition.org and here: http://www.catinfo.org/
Go to Top of Page

Expat2
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
459 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  07:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Expat2's Homepage Send Expat2 a Private Message
I have noticed that I knit faster in a really intense part of a film. THe funniest was when I knit faster to get to the end of the row before the yarn ran out!
Go to Top of Page

Expat2
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
459 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  07:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Expat2's Homepage Send Expat2 a Private Message
I have noticed that I knit faster in a really intense part of a film. THe funniest was when I knit faster to get to the end of the row before the yarn ran out!
Go to Top of Page

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  07:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message
I can't say that I've noticed, but I try not to knit when I'm feeling angry (especially if it's a gift for someone) because I don't want to transfer negative energy (fortunately, I'm not the type to be angry a lot--this is when I listen to music or go for a walk!).

Knitting addict since November '03

http://cozyknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  07:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message
I can't say that I've noticed, but I try not to knit when I'm feeling angry (especially if it's a gift for someone) because I don't want to transfer negative energy (fortunately, I'm not the type to be angry a lot--this is when I listen to music or go for a walk!).

Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  08:09:59 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Expat2

Uh, does that work?

Is that like driving faster because you are lost?

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  08:09:59 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Expat2

Uh, does that work?

Is that like driving faster because you are lost?

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

Expat2
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
459 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  08:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Expat2's Homepage Send Expat2 a Private Message
It just makes you feel better because you've really, really tried not to let that yarn run out!
Go to Top of Page

Expat2
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
459 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  08:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Expat2's Homepage Send Expat2 a Private Message
It just makes you feel better because you've really, really tried not to let that yarn run out!
Go to Top of Page

silfert
Chatty Knitter

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  12:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit silfert's Homepage Send silfert a Private Message
Cozy, I'm with you on trying not to knit for others when I'm angry because of the vibes. I'll have to check with Himself as to my "angry knitting" habits, but I WAS irritated while knitting last night, and it seemed like I made each stitch well...very deliberately. Not slow, just very exact. Maybe my subconscious was pretending to strangle the person who was being irritating?
Go to Top of Page

silfert
Chatty Knitter

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  12:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit silfert's Homepage Send silfert a Private Message
Cozy, I'm with you on trying not to knit for others when I'm angry because of the vibes. I'll have to check with Himself as to my "angry knitting" habits, but I WAS irritated while knitting last night, and it seemed like I made each stitch well...very deliberately. Not slow, just very exact. Maybe my subconscious was pretending to strangle the person who was being irritating?
Go to Top of Page

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  1:44:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by silfert

Maybe my subconscious was pretending to strangle the person who was being irritating?

[:00] See, that's why I don't knit while angry (KWA)!

Go to Top of Page

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  1:44:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by silfert

Maybe my subconscious was pretending to strangle the person who was being irritating?

[:00] See, that's why I don't knit while angry (KWA)!

Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  4:41:36 PM  Show Profile Send lizknit a Private Message
I don't think I knit any faster but I definitely knit tighter when I'm angry.

The cat, the only self-cleaning appliance in the house
Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  4:41:36 PM  Show Profile Send lizknit a Private Message
I don't think I knit any faster but I definitely knit tighter when I'm angry.

The cat, the only self-cleaning appliance in the house
Go to Top of Page

knitting_physicist
Chatty Knitter

122 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  10:17:51 PM  Show Profile Send knitting_physicist a Private Message
When I am frustrated I knit faster...I don't think I knit at all when I am angry, but frustrated knitting is quick going!

-Sarah
No...gravitational physics makes the world go round.
Go to Top of Page

knitting_physicist
Chatty Knitter

122 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  10:17:51 PM  Show Profile Send knitting_physicist a Private Message
When I am frustrated I knit faster...I don't think I knit at all when I am angry, but frustrated knitting is quick going!

-Sarah
No...gravitational physics makes the world go round.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?