Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Saturday Lunch Plans for Md. Sheep & Wool
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  10:06:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
I am so psyched about going this year, and am dying to meet up with everyone I can, while still having pleanty of time to shop and gawk. I'd like to suggest we plan a KR picnic. I don't want to spend $ on food that I could spend on wool. So what say we all pack our lunches, complete with blankets or lawn chairs and gather at the main gate at noon. Parking is in a huge field and we can either tailgate around the nearest car or just grab whatever open space we can find and eat al fresco.

looking forward to seeing you all - I'll have on my KR scarf pin done in opal sock yarn - with matching opal socks.

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  3:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message

And I really mean it.

It's official, I can't make it to this year's MS&WF. As some of you already know, I'm in the process of opening an actual store. It's set to open on June 1, and there's still a heck of a lot of work that needs to be done. Like painting the entire space and building shelves, for starters.

I'll be with you in spirit, truly I will. Someone please take lots and lots of pictures!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2037 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  3:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Bess, love the idea of a lunch! Food, great people & lots of talking - who could ask for anything more? Your idea of the main gate sounds like a cool one - we all have to go through it to enter the festival, right? I am so psyched about seeing you.
Mizzy Clara, congrats on the new store & back at you that we won't be able to see your gorgeous face. Our fingers will be crossed that this is a great venture & $$ rewarding too. You deserve it! Hugs to you & yours!

Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  5:06:32 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
quote:

I am so psyched about going this year, and am dying to meet up with everyone I can, while still having pleanty of time to shop and gawk. I'd like to suggest we plan a KR picnic. I don't want to spend $ on food that I could spend on wool. So what say we all pack our lunches, complete with blankets or lawn chairs and gather at the main gate at noon. Parking is in a huge field and we can either tailgate around the nearest car or just grab whatever open space we can find and eat al fresco.

looking forward to seeing you all - I'll have on my KR scarf pin done in opal sock yarn - with matching opal socks.

Bess

This sounds great. I probably won't pack a lunch though. I'd like to try some of the food there, but I could buy it and take it to the gate.

What is the KR scarf pin? Can I whip one up?

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=977585&uid=619962&members=1
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  6:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Yes you can whip it up in a jiff. I made mine out of sock yarn. It looks like one of those loops of ribbon made into pins that are done up in pink for breast cancer awareness. I believe I cast on 25 stitches or something like that, and garter stitched 5 or 6 or so rows. I just use a tiny safety pin to attach it. Others may have done them differently, but the idea was to have some little identifying thing to wear to show you are a Knitters Review forum poster.

And Clara - wheverever there are two KR knitters you will be present for we will gossip about you shamelessly!

I checked out One Morning in Maine today from the library. I'll send you my plans to help decorate the store. and just think. tomorrow I am going to Graves Mt. Lodge. I am sure all I will be able to think about will be you guys.

Bess
Go to Top of Page

lovetoknit
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  08:09:33 AM  Show Profile Send lovetoknit a Private Message
Hello Everybody

Do you guys mind if I join you for lunch? I am sort of new to the KR forum, i have been a member for over a year but really never posted until a few months ago. I will be at the MS&WF. I an going with Rosie's Yarn Cellar.

Looking forward to meeting everybody who will be there

Lovetoknit

Go to Top of Page

sabknits
New Pal

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  1:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit sabknits's Homepage Send sabknits a Private Message
I'll be there too!! Will be great to meet you all for lunch....provided we find time to actually eat!! :-D sab

sab
Go to Top of Page

suewest@frontiernet.net
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  04:28:31 AM  Show Profile Send suewest@frontiernet.net a Private Message
My mom and I are coming from NY on Friday, for both days. We would love to meet everyone for lunch- at the main gate at noon? On Saturday???? Let us know

Go to Top of Page

BlueStocking
Sustaining Member

USA
945 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  07:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueStocking's Homepage Send BlueStocking a Private Message
Looking forward to seeing everyone!! I'll be at the gate with bells on (or was that yarn on? )

Jen

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

check out my knitting: http://TheSpiritTrail.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2003 :  09:45:02 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Last year a few of us had decided to meet up and never did. I think if we're going to meet for lunch we need to make a definite time and place on Saturday and on Sunday.

Lissa and Mary Lou, if you want to get together on Sunday with me, how about meeting around 11:30 am at the art show? It's the only way I'll be able to see you because there are so many people in so many different places.

Keep in touch!

Rebecca

Dances with Wools
Go to Top of Page

CatherineM
Permanent Resident

USA
3363 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  5:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit CatherineM's Homepage Send CatherineM a Private Message
Great, I grew up in Maryland, and now that I know all sorts of fiber-fanatic people I'd love to meet there, I'm down HERE. I'm with you all in spirit, and please report in detail!

Catherine
http://www.yorkiedog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Girls, I will be at the main gate at noon on Saturday, along with my bestest friend Deb and my mom-by-choice, Lil. I'll also be at the art show at ll:30 on Sunday to see you too, Rebecca and Mary Lou! Where's the art show?

Lissa
You may be right - I may be crazy. But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for!
Billy Joel
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2003 :  06:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message
I'll be arriving, along with 41 other Guild members, via bus 11:30ish on Saturday...that is if traffic is light. My plan is to be at the entrance gate at Noon.

I have recently learned that the bus will leave for home at 5:00!!!! Sooo, I may say a quick hello to everyone, then head over to the feeder lamb area where my neice (Katie)will be with her award winning (fingers crossed) lambs (she sells them to people who promise to keep them as pets) and then hit the Festival to buy buy buy!

Counting down the hours...

Linda

inda

http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth