Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 original knitting pal
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lela5352
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  06:51:13 AM  Show Profile Send lela5352 a Private Message
I'm new here and not sure if I am doing anything right here so I hope you all are patient with me. I have been looking for the Original Knitting Pal. I seen one many years ago and have recently been trying to find one. If anyone knows where I may be able to get my hands on one (or two) I would really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch for any help on this.

lovetoknit
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  08:11:06 AM  Show Profile Send lovetoknit a Private Message
Hello Lela5352

What is a Original Knitting Pal? I am new here too and would like to know.

Loveto knit

Go to Top of Page

lela5352
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  09:11:41 AM  Show Profile Send lela5352 a Private Message
I hope I can explain this for people who don't know. It is sort of like a knitting machine except very simple and basic. It's just a piece of plastic a couple of inches wide and maybe about a yard long. You can clamp it to your counter top to keep it steady. It has plastic pegs on it that you wrap your yarn around and there is a small plastic tool you hold in your hand and you move it across the pegs. It takes the yarn off and puts more yarn on to create the stitches. I believe the tool I remember would do maybe five stitches at a time. It has been more than ten years ago since I have seen one anywhere and the price at the time was about $29.95. Very inexpensive and probably nothing that a die-hard machine knitter would mess with. Thanks for replying to my inquiry.

Go to Top of Page

clevergrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  1:27:25 PM  Show Profile Send clevergrl a Private Message
have you tried e-bay? i'm of the opinion that they have just about everything for sale (including, once, a man's soul! pretty creepy). since you're only tring to find a specific knitting machine, and not a human soul, you should check there. also, try doing a google search or something and a good lead might turn up that way. if you've already tried those things, i'm sorry i couldn't be more help. good luck in your search.

Go to Top of Page

girlgenius
Chatty Knitter

150 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  1:52:44 PM  Show Profile Send girlgenius a Private Message
I found it! On eBay! Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2318445505&category=28146

best!
Kate
Go to Top of Page

lela5352
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  8:37:20 PM  Show Profile Send lela5352 a Private Message
Thank you secret squirrel and girlgenius for the links to ebay. It is exactly what I am looking for. Now I just have to figure the ebay bidding thing out and I should be all set. Incidentally, my son just told me that someone tried to auction off their vote once. They were going to vote for whoever the highest bidder wanted them to. That doesn't quite rank up there with the human soul, but it sure is pretty close and it does make you wonder about people doesn't it? Today is my first day on this forum thing and I just accidentally bumbled onto it while looking for some information about the knitting pal. I do believe I will be back many, many, many times. Thank you both very much again.

Go to Top of Page

megknits
Sustaining Member

USA
729 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  10:42:14 PM  Show Profile Send megknits a Private Message
Actually, I sold my soul to my brother when I was six. He gave me 15 cents and some candy (I think it was the candy which sealed the deal). He's offered to sell it to my DH, but wants compound interest fo the last 32 years...

Meg

"Do not meddle into the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."
Go to Top of Page

lela5352
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  10:53:16 PM  Show Profile Send lela5352 a Private Message
You should have waited until you grew up and ebay came along. You sure could have gotten more than 15 cents for it.

Go to Top of Page

clevergrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  10:49:05 AM  Show Profile Send clevergrl a Private Message
yes,
you're brother definitely swindled you. is he business minded? i would have held out for more money and more candy. though i don't know if i would have gone through with the sale, i think i would have worried that i would need it later.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe