Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Home from Ireland!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reelgrrrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  4:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit reelgrrrl's Homepage Send reelgrrrl a Private Message
Well, Im home from Ireland. I knit on the plane on the way there (the sock) but didnt attempt it on the way home. I finished the sock while I was there. It has some definite issues. I also bought some yarn while I was there for a good price. Ill go into more detail on my blog later.

The competitions were neat to watch. Lots of pretty dresses. My team didnt get recalled but we did really really well for our first time out.

I wouldnt describe the trip as fun. Lets just say it was...... an experience.

Anywho, too tired for blog updating tonight but wanted to drop in here and say hi since everyone was so helpful and seemed so interested in my trip =)

http://cherryduckie.blogspot.com/

barefeetslp
Chatty Knitter

199 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  5:13:29 PM  Show Profile Send barefeetslp a Private Message
Welcome back! I hope you had some time to be a tourist in Ireland and see some of the beautiful countryside.
Glad you were able to knit ..on the plane and elsewhere.
Happy knitting!!
barefeet

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  7:26:29 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Reelgrrrl: Glad you had a wonderful trip although I never doubted that you would. Just because your team didn't get recalled doesn't mean that you weren't the best. To my way of thinking you were without a doubt. What do they know anyway. You want someone to boost your confidence--call me! Take care and welcome back. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  7:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Hi, glad you got back safely!! Sorry I didn't notice sooner. I guess I 've been letting time fly...haven't been on the forums in a while. Sounds like you did well. I think some of our local people were there, too. Maybe a mother and her daughters. I am not sure if they were competing or just watching! I am getting ready to start on my next team dress, but have a "performance" dress to do first. It is a simpler dress with lace sleeves, plain black! I may be doing some embroidery for the Colo. McTeggerts group. I hope you can enjoy your sock. I am almost finished with a cotton baby sweater that looks a little loose and too big...not sure what I will do about it. My dd thinks it looks fine. I hung it on a hanger and I look at it on the wall once and while, and go hmmmm....no decision yet. Take care, Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  7:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Hi, glad you got back safely!! Sorry I didn't notice sooner. I guess I 've been letting time fly...haven't been on the forums in a while. Sounds like you did well. I think some of our local people were there, too. Maybe a mother and her daughters. I am not sure if they were competing or just watching! I am getting ready to start on my next team dress, but have a "performance" dress to do first. It is a simpler dress with lace sleeves, plain black! I may be doing some embroidery for the Colo. McTeggerts group. I hope you can enjoy your sock. I am almost finished with a cotton baby sweater that looks a little loose and too big...not sure what I will do about it. My dd thinks it looks fine. I hung it on a hanger and I look at it on the wall once and while, and go hmmmm....no decision yet. Take care, Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?