Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Seeking Advice about Yarns
 Tahki Splash?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phaedra28
Gabber Extraordinaire

485 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  7:21:16 PM  Show Profile Send Phaedra28 a Private Message
OK, now that it's here, it's such a total and complete pain in the you-know-what to knit that I'm wondering if I made a terrible mistake? It's slick, slippery, and even my blunt needles are falling into the middle of the ribbon, through the threads.

So, has anyone here used it? If so, have you managed to use it SUCCESSFULLY?

Mind you, I still love the way it looks once it's knit up...

THanks!

Phaedra28
Gabber Extraordinaire

485 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  09:47:13 AM  Show Profile Send Phaedra28 a Private Message
Hmmm... I've swatched a little more, and it's still difficult to work with, but now I need more: what to make?

The Knitter's Dilemma:

The yarn is hard to handle, and the swatch looks good enough to eat!

So, has anyone at all seen this stuff? Seen anything -- other than the bell sleeved top in K'N'S -- that just knocked your socks off?

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Phaedra28
Gabber Extraordinaire

485 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  09:47:13 AM  Show Profile Send Phaedra28 a Private Message
Hmmm... I've swatched a little more, and it's still difficult to work with, but now I need more: what to make?

The Knitter's Dilemma:

So, has anyone at all seen this stuff? Seen anything -- other than the bell sleeved top in K'N'S -- that just knocked your socks off?

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Phaedra28
Gabber Extraordinaire

485 Posts

The Knitter's Dilemma:

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Phaedra28
Gabber Extraordinaire

485 Posts

The Knitter's Dilemma:

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  7:16:17 PM  Show Profile Send PurlyGirlie a Private Message
I really like the cute halter featured in the Tahki 2003 Summer catalog. I've never seen the yarn up close, though...just online It sucks that it's so difficult to work with, but I'm dying to make something out of the summery orange blend colorway.

Good luck and keep me/us posted about it!

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  7:16:17 PM  Show Profile Send PurlyGirlie a Private Message
I really like the cute halter featured in the Tahki 2003 Summer catalog. I've never seen the yarn up close, though...just online It sucks that it's so difficult to work with, but I'm dying to make something out of the summery orange blend colorway.

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Sarah

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?