Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Men's Sweaters
 Reynolds Lopi Men's Sweater Patrern
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Basscats
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  5:58:28 PM  Show Profile Send Basscats a Private Message
15+/- yrs back I made a sweater for my son (lvg in Alaska) a Lopi sweater that he said was the warmest he ever had. That one was burnt up in a fire. Sweater 2nd time was stolen and Sweater #3 got to the point of the back being done. Unfortunately, my pattern book was inadvertently tossed in the recyclables and even a plea to Reynolds has come up with zip. Does anyone have an old Reynolds Lopi pattern book that might contain this particular pattern. All I can recall about the book itself is that it had patterns for men and women. The sweater shown on the male model (female shown with him)was made with an off-white background with a contrasting black color (I think!). HELP?

Mary Ann Bassignani

maribelaprn
Permanent Resident

USA
2033 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  6:19:48 PM  Show Profile Send maribelaprn a Private Message
I have many old and many new Lopi books...and they all appear just like you describe. Perhaps you should take a trip to your local yarn shop and look through the Lopi books; you might find what you're looking for. In addition, there is a book called "The Best of Lopi"; the pattern you seek might be in there.

Mari

Knitting Olympics--Shawl Knitting Biathlon: Leaf Lace Shawl and Cozy Shawl

My blog: http://maribelaprn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  03:43:16 AM  Show Profile Send lizknit a Private Message
I've had some luck finding specific pattern books on eBay. You could do an advanced search for Lopi pattern or Lopi sweater and check off the box that says, "Search title and description". I wouldn't get too specific with the search words; you may have to sift through a lot of items but it would be worth it if you find what you're looking for. Even if you don't find it right away, you can add it to your favorite searches and check back periodically.

The cat, the only self-cleaning appliance in the house
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gibson
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  06:17:44 AM  Show Profile Send Nancy Gibson a Private Message
I have a Reynolds Icelandic Pattern book volume 72. It has a man and women on the front. It sounds like this might be what you are looking for. I would be happy to make a copy of it and send it to you. Mrs. Nancy Gibson. Email me at nancygibson33@bellsouth.net]

Nancy Gibson
Go to Top of Page

maribelaprn
Permanent Resident

USA
2033 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  06:21:30 AM  Show Profile Send maribelaprn a Private Message
Nancy, please understand that you cannot make a copy of that book and send it to anyone. The book is protected under copyright law and making copies of it to give to others is illegal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe