Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Embarrassing habits when admiring yarn
 Finger in the Center
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

anotherbev
Warming Up

90 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  6:49:57 PM  Show Profile Send anotherbev a Private Message
Besides feeling the yarn, I have to read the name of the color or pattern that has been given to the yarn I know this sounds stupid, but if the name is uninspiring it makes it harder for me to bond with the yarn. Example: "Strawberry Fields"--a very pretty red, fading to pink, into ecru, into light green and on into dark green. The name was perfect for these colors, and I had to have the yarn.
anotherbev[crazy]
Go to Top of Page

purlnorway
Warming Up

86 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  05:24:38 AM  Show Profile Send purlnorway a Private Message
I'm with you, anotherbev...I get very inspired by the names of colors/types of yarn. It must be fun for those who work to come up with the color names, etc. As for the kinky yarn issues...I don't don't a finger in the middle. But I guess stroke & squeeze...Kind of like when shopping for a good melon at the market. [:00] Now what does that mean and what would Freud say about that?
Go to Top of Page

PurpleFleece
Chatty Knitter

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  04:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit PurpleFleece's Homepage Send PurpleFleece a Private Message
When I do craft shows, I bring my handspun yarns. Everyone touches as they walk by...it's amazing. I've come to expect that. There was one woman who rubbed a skein on her face and when she thought I wasn't watching, sunk her nose into it. All those senses come into play. I just hope she doesn't start tasting yarn! -- Debbie

Purple Fleece
info@PurpleFleece.com
www.PurpleFleece.com
[img]http://www.millcovehouse.com/PurpleFleece.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  10:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I just had a wicked thought. If she tastes it, won't it felt to her tongue??? [:00][:00]

=^..^= Debbie [meow] http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

busypainter
Chatty Knitter

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  10:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit busypainter's Homepage Send busypainter a Private Message
You just have to TOUCH the yarn in the middle first. Then I usually pick it up and cuddle it for a while to feel the softness and texture. Then I start to think about what project I could use this yarn for. Then I look at the colors. Then I go crazy with so many ideas and colors running through my head.
Sometimes I go home to think about it and run right back the next day to purchase the yarn. lol
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?