Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Pattern Talk
 Share your creations!
 Code 88 Hat (download)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  7:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
I've got a free pattern up at Amanda Knits. It's the Code 88 Hat, intended to fit adult heads. It's perfect for Valentine's Day (read the pattern to find out why!) and you can find it under the Patterns tab.

Enjoy!

Amanda,
who
Knits

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."

agnesgooch
Gabber Extraordinaire

573 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  06:46:57 AM  Show Profile Send agnesgooch a Private Message
The name made me look. Where I work a "Code 88" means a non-threatening animal, like a tapir or goat, has escaped (a "Code 99" means a dangerous animal, like a lion or tiger has escaped.).
Cathy
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  11:06:22 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
I like the star pattern on the top of the hat.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  1:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Cathy--whoa, not how I intended it at all...

Although I suppose in this case you'd prefer to code 88 a code 88 rather than a code 99....

Trish, thanks.

Amanda,
who
Knits

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  1:59:19 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
What does the 88 stand for?

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  07:09:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
great hat - a good way to use up my misc. balls of yarn!

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page

KristiMetz
New Pal

43 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  9:25:17 PM  Show Profile Send KristiMetz a Private Message
Hey... just wanted to let you know, I saw your Magknits pattern for the dog leash/collar and I just love those!

I was bummed to see in another post of yours that the Lehigh twine is discontinued. :( Maybe I can still find it at Home Depot, I'll check.

Also, I wanted to tell you that your little shepherd dog (the black one) looks JUST LIKE my dog Tyler!! Here is a link to a picture of mine :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/kristimetz/d05fd105.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/kristimetz/IMG_0328.jpg

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  9:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
I was bummed, too! Good luck with the Home Depot--the ones at my HD were all covered in dust! I just thought that meant they didn't sell much. I didn't realize that the whole shebang had been discontinued.

They do still make neon twine that would work, too. And a reader sent me a website where you can find lots of twine, but the minimum order is $50, so I haven't encouraged anyone to use it...

What I want to know is this: Is Tyler a Prince (?) like Joan is a Princess? Because Joan is a Princess...

Amanda,
who
Knits

Only you can decide how tongue in cheek I am.
Go to Top of Page

KristiMetz
New Pal

43 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  4:14:37 PM  Show Profile Send KristiMetz a Private Message
Hey, I forgot all about this thread!

Tyler is definitely a princess. I am very sad to report that our other dog, a Doberman, had to be euthanized yesterday (lymphoma) so she is kind of a sad dog right now.

Anyhow... I guess I could use the neon twine. The rainbow twine was so cute! Maybe I will luck across it on ebay or something.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe