Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 blocking baby cashmerino, Debbie Bliss
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marji-in-tc
Chatty Knitter

180 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  3:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Send marji-in-tc a Yahoo! Message Send marji-in-tc a Private Message
I'm guilty of swatching but not washing and blocking my swatch. I've since learned, especially with these super-wash wools, that blocking the swatch is necessary - I know that moving forward.
However, I have finished the body of the USMP in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, but haven't knitted the sleeves yet. The body fits me perfectly. If is stretches out in blocking though it is going to look horrible.
Has anyone had experience with blocking the baby cash? Does it stretch width-wise?
I just swatched the Mission Falls 1824 wool and it grew 1/2" over 4 inches in blocking. If the baby cash sweater is going to do that, I'd rather rip it now. I guess that is part of why I'm hung up on this project and not moving forward with it.
Anyone know anything about this yarn?
Also,
If I block it and it does stretch, can I then rip it out and re-knit, with already blocked yarn?
Help

Marji,
whose stash surely exceeds life expectancy
my blog: http://fiberartsafloat.blogspot.com/

alliwenk
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  5:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit alliwenk's Homepage Send alliwenk a Private Message
I've noticed no appreciable growth from the items that I've knit with Baby Cashmerino, it stays pretty true to pre-blocking measurements.

Many people rip out then re-skein and wash it then weight it as it dries. I'm lazy so I just ball up the used yarn and knit with it. I've never noticed any problems.

If you are really worried about re-knitting blocked yarn then knit a swatch and see if it grows. If it does then you can rip it before blocking it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe