Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 hand injury!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  7:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
Is it the big joint at the end of the thumb - that bothers me sometimes - I just got some Handeze gloves to try for that - and I figure if I make some handwarmers I can put that over the handeze for warmth - hoping that will help. Of course I have been lucky that it hasn't bothered me since I got it. Worth a try I guess at least.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  7:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
Is it the big joint at the end of the thumb - that bothers me sometimes - I just got some Handeze gloves to try for that - and I figure if I make some handwarmers I can put that over the handeze for warmth - hoping that will help. Of course I have been lucky that it hasn't bothered me since I got it. Worth a try I guess at least.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

jamesedwinsneed
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  8:19:39 PM  Show Profile Send jamesedwinsneed a Private Message
Susi,
librarian-ship brings many more 'woes' than people understand. Compound that with knitting pains!
I'm the Bookmobile manager for our county library. I've developed plantar fasciitis (sp??)and a heel spur on my gas pedal foot from 20 years of cruising the books to the patrons. Now I have knitters elbow in my left arm...though none in my right. Geez it's hard getting old, but my DH says it's better than the alternative!
Gayle
Go to Top of Page

jamesedwinsneed
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  8:19:39 PM  Show Profile Send jamesedwinsneed a Private Message
Susi,
librarian-ship brings many more 'woes' than people understand. Compound that with knitting pains!
I'm the Bookmobile manager for our county library. I've developed plantar fasciitis (sp??)and a heel spur on my gas pedal foot from 20 years of cruising the books to the patrons. Now I have knitters elbow in my left arm...though none in my right. Geez it's hard getting old, but my DH says it's better than the alternative!
Gayle
Go to Top of Page

silfert
Chatty Knitter

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  12:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit silfert's Homepage Send silfert a Private Message
Many hugs indeed! I was on crutches for a long time and developed a touch of nerve damage in two fingers. Here's a tip folks: never put pressure on your hands by leaning on crutches! If I knit for too long, especially on tiny needles, pain reminds me to take a break. Ice, elevation, and the occasional epsom salt bath. Hope you get better soon!
Go to Top of Page

silfert
Chatty Knitter

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  12:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit silfert's Homepage Send silfert a Private Message
Many hugs indeed! I was on crutches for a long time and developed a touch of nerve damage in two fingers. Here's a tip folks: never put pressure on your hands by leaning on crutches! If I knit for too long, especially on tiny needles, pain reminds me to take a break. Ice, elevation, and the occasional epsom salt bath. Hope you get better soon!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?