Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 The Curse of the Love Sweater?
 Not yet.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beh2g
Chatty Knitter

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  10:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit beh2g's Homepage Send beh2g a Private Message
I just wanted to say I've not had any "curse" with my current bf. So far I've knitted him: hat, mittens, socks, and sweater. Right now I'm working on a hat of his design. I'd be lying if I said I didn't worry about it from time to time, but it's more important to me that he know how much I care, and how much I like to knit!

The only problem is, I've stopped knitting for me.. *sigh*

Did I mention I knit most of his family's christmas gifts? Am I asking lightning to strike or WHAT?

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  10:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I dated my husband for three years in college. We had a sorority thing that was called Ski Party. I made us matching sweaters each year. His were big and took forever. We've been married for 25 years. And I've not made him a sweater since!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  12:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
lol
We were hanging out with some friends the other night (not a party, just hanging out and drinking), and I got my Jaywalkers out to work on them. One guy asked what I was doing and I explained.
Darcy: "Cool, knit me some socks!"
BF: "Man, she doesn't even knit ME socks!"
Darcy: "Why not?"
Me: "Because if you knit your lover a pair of socks, he'll walk away in them, and I want to keep this guy around a while"
Darcy: "Ohhh...but what if he's lookin to walk away?"
Me: "Then he isn't worth the time and yarn."

That said, I have knit him a small stuffed "Pasha" penguin from Knitty, and nothing seems to have happened yet. Other than that, even if I did knit him something, it would probably be useless, as he's always too hot, and claims he doesn't want socks anyway.

I don't smoke, I knit. It relieves stress and tension, smells better, I don't have to go outside to do it, and it won't give me cancer.
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

iluvdeftones
Chatty Knitter

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  4:22:33 PM  Show Profile Send iluvdeftones a Private Message
I'm trying to find a good sweater pattern that I think my bf will like. He's an artist so I know he appreciates that kind of thing. Right now I am knitting him a scarf for our seven year anniversary. And now his cousin wants me to knit him an aran sweater. He's even offered to pay me for it.

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
-Lewis Carroll
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  8:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Sounds like a keeper to me!

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  10:34:42 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
>Did I mention I knit most of his family's christmas gifts? Am I asking lightning to strike or WHAT? <

Yes, you are. And also setting up precedents you may not wish to fulfill in the future. Isn't the theory behind the love curse something to do with feeling smothered and an inability to commit? Hmmmmmmmmm

fran

http://www.geocities.com/martian_mischief/
Go to Top of Page

petitemorte
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  1:02:08 PM  Show Profile Send petitemorte a Private Message
This is actually the first year I haven't knit a wearable for my DH. I made him a sweater when we were dating and he asked me to marry him, next year I made him another sweater and we did get married. The next year it was a reallllly long entrelac sweater with knit backing that he babies cuz he's afraid of dropping it in a big muddy pile of spilt diesel at the fuel islands. I hope I didn't curse myself by not knitting him something this year.
Hmm....I think I feel some yarn shopping coming on

Di,the cross country knitter

life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

beh2g
Chatty Knitter

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  08:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit beh2g's Homepage Send beh2g a Private Message
I feel I should mention that he picks out the patterns when I feel like knitting for him (or his family). I have never knit anything he hasn't said that he liked or picked out himself. So I doubt he is "smothered" by the knitting, since he apparently brags about the things I've made for him to his rugby teammates.

(He also said I was an amazing talent today when I showed him the first yarn I had ever spun on a spindle. Sigh.:)
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  10:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
um, hon...keep that guy around!

Proud member of the US Shawl/Wrap Olympic Knitting Team!
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?