Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 projects that are too nice to start?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wittyknits
Chatty Knitter

109 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  3:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit wittyknits's Homepage Send wittyknits a Private Message
I went out and bought all this gorgeous fingering weight Rowan last year, and beads and ribbon and have been planning on making Carlotta from Rowan 36. I sat around admiring the bag of yarn forever, thinking "I really need to be concentrating when I do this." Finally, I cast on and starting going on the back -- then discovered 2 major mistakes in my bead placement after about 7" of knitting. I frogged back to where it was right, but haven't been able to start again, because I am back to "I really need to be concentrating when I do this." So I totally understand what you mean!

--
wittyknits.blogspot.com
Because a witty knit beats a nitwit any day!
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateTweed
New Pal

43 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  1:55:49 PM  Show Profile Send ChocolateTweed a Private Message
Maybe someone could have a Knit-Along for projects we are afraid to start? Knowing others are knitting for the same reasons might give us a sense of encouragement. The dilema of not starting because we worry about the end results, seems to prevent a lot of us from beginning! Just reading that there are others out there thinking along the same lines as myself, makes me feel better!

As a new knitter who wants to embrace a challenging project for all the obvious reasons, I truly suffer from self-inflicted Start-itis! I try to remind myself that I should knit for the experience and to learn new techniques, rather than for the end product. That way if the end result is less than my expectations... I don't have to cry so long! Fear certainly keeps us from what we want, doesn't it? ChocolateTweed
Go to Top of Page

JoanM
Chatty Knitter

Australia
316 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  7:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoanM's Homepage Send JoanM a Private Message
Oh wow, I didn't know I had so many hang ups till I started taking my knitting seriously. I am already a self confessed UFOlogist and started a support group for others with the same problems. (We have a fun blog which is open to all at
http://www.knittersanon.blogspot.com/ )
Now I see that I have failure to start on pet projectitis as well. I posted a picture of a beautiful Jaegar pattern on my blog in September and said it was my next project. I seem to go for safer baby knits

JoanM South Australia
http://www.joanm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kimaroo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
425 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  8:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kimaroo's Homepage Send Kimaroo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateTweed

Maybe someone could have a Knit-Along for projects we are afraid to start? Knowing others are knitting for the same reasons might give us a sense of encouragement. The dilema of not starting because we worry about the end results, seems to prevent a lot of us from beginning! Just reading that there are others out there thinking along the same lines as myself, makes me feel better!

I completely agree.. which is why I'm strongly considering starting the Traveling Cables Cardigan KAL.. I have looked far and wide and not found one.. and I know lots of knitters love this sweater.. so it wouldn't be a terrible idea..

Hm.. yes indeed. I think so.

-Kim-

The Kimmish Knitting Blog
Travelling Cables Cardigan KAL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000