Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Blog Talk
 Way to post video on your blog...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greengirl
Seriously Hooked

Taiwan
679 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  7:07:25 PM  Show Profile Send greengirl a Private Message
I recently found out about this neat free site that will host videos online for anyone. This means that if you have been wanting to put videos on your kntting blog (video of a particular technique, scenes of your loved ones opening knitted presents, video of opening a knitting-related gift) but couldn't because you don't have the bandwidth and/or online storage space, you can now put those videos up. They even give you the code to include in your blog to add a video player.

The site is called Revver: http://www.revver.com

As far as I can tell there are no knitting videos yet posted on the site. There are a few things worth pointing out about Revver that might make this something that you don't want to do:
  • By posting your video on Revver you give your video a creative commons license that allows anyone to distribute the video any way they see fit without you permission. They cannot claim authorship or add their own advertising, but they can distribute your video on their site or blog. You can always take your video off Revver, but you would have no legal basis to ask others to take your video down. To learn more about Creative Commons, take a look at their website.

• Revver will add an unobtrusive advertisement to the end of your video.

• Anyone on Revver can rate your video, and Revver will force visitors to watch your video if it is recently uploaded. That means that non-knitters will watch the video. I would predict that all knitting videos will have a very low rating because of the narrow market for that content.
With all of that in mind, I think that this is going to be a great tool for sharing knitting videos (you could even produce your own weekly or monthly knitting show).
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe