Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 Las Vegas shops
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

konababy
Warming Up

75 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  3:57:10 PM  Show Profile Send konababy a Private Message
Aloha Ladies!
I will be in Vegas in January for our annual trip. I have never looked for a yarn store there, we go with my husband's boss and his wife. I am basically there to provide entertainment for the boss' wife, and she would NEVER knit, so I have never wanted to drag her to a knitting store. Anyway, this year, I don't care! Are there any interesting yarn shops in Vegas?
Thanks!

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  4:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
We have 2 yarn shops here. Just 2. One is Gail Knits, which is on the west side of town on (I may be wrong here) about Sahara and Rainbow. They have a reasonable variety, but they seem kinda stuffy there.
Then there is Wooly Wonders. It is on Tropicana and Pecos. The owner is just a wonderful woman and the shop is very nice to be in. It is small. She has a lot of nice yarns (keep in mind, I have little to compare to, but seems like a good amount to me) and a lot of spinning stuff (even wheels and fleece). I love that place. So does my son.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

knittyref
Chatty Knitter

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  4:41:23 PM  Show Profile Send knittyref a Private Message
Woo-Hoo! My in-laws live in Henderson, so we're in Vegas every 4-6 months. I haven't looked for yarn shops there (the schedule is usually packed), but the next time we're going is wide open so I may be able to convince the Hubster to stop and take a look.

Di
www.knittyref.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  4:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
Brandy, the last time I was in Wooly Wonders there were business cards on their counter from a placed called Two Crazy Ladies Yarn Shop at 6985 West Sahara. Have you been out there yet to see what it is like?
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  7:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
Hmmm. . . I haven't heard of that. Though, Gail Knits is way out on west sahara. Perhaps it is the same shop with a new name? I'll ask my knitting group and see what they say. Also, Nancy's Quilt Shop (no idea where it is) has started selling knitting stuff.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

platys
Seriously Hooked

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  7:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit platys's Homepage Send platys a Private Message
Both shops are well worth the visit, and honestly, after a few days on the strip, seeing the rest of Las Vegas was really cool. If you are heading out to the Red Rocks area, Gail Knits is on the way.

Gail
http://www.knittergail.com
Go to Top of Page

Gina70
Chatty Knitter

114 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  09:08:08 AM  Show Profile Send Gina70 a Private Message
I am so glad I saw this thread. I will be in Vegas in January - meeting my BF who will be there for work. I'll need something to do - other than gamble - while he is working. Thanks for the info.
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  7:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
Hmmmm. . . will those who will be here in January be here in the same part of January? Perhaps we could get together for coffee/tea or something. I know a great coffee shop that is really close to Wooly Wonders (just a few blocks away). Feel free to msg or email me if you want to meet.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Go to Top of Page

samsgrams
Chatty Knitter

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  1:16:22 PM  Show Profile Send samsgrams a Private Message
I just got back from a few days in Las Vegas. I go about once a month to visit the grandkids, and always check out the LYS. Gails Knits, on Sahara, seems to have mostly novelty yarns, very nice, expensive, lots of handpainted, not much of the basics. This last time, I also stopped at Wooley Wonders - not far from the Strip. They also have spinning materials. When I was there, someone in the shop was wearing the strongest perfume - smelled like a gallon had been poured on the floor. I knew anything I bought would carry that smell forever, so I left. Too bad - a really nice shop with a good selection.

samsgrams
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  2:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I'm so sorry someone was wearing such an awful scent. I think that is an unfortunate thing about Vegas. People like to wear strong everything. Perfume, colors, hairspray, everything. I have not run into that in Wooley Wonders yet. I guess I got lucky. Hope that person isn't a regular there. I can't stand strong perfume. I get very sneezy and get a headache.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe