Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 100 to 250 Yards
 212 yards of lace weight - what to do?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

peskymac
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  12:42:06 PM  Show Profile Send peskymac a Private Message
I just finished spinning an ounce of Optim and I dyed it using cake frosting dye:
http://flickr.com/photos/peskymac/78256094/

There's about 212 yards and it's lace weight. I love the way it turned out so I have to use it. Ideas? Suggestions?

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  1:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
That is sooooo beautiful!
I am still spinning pretty bulky (using a drop spindle though, and still fairly new). I would love to be able to spin like that. It would be a lovely scarf.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

Monkachia
Permanent Resident

USA
1224 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  2:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Monkachia's Homepage Send Monkachia a Private Message
That is amazingly beautiful, did you use one colour and it separated or three different ones?
I think it would make a pretty lace cuff for gloves/sleeves, decorative belt, thin mobius neck wrap, head wrap...
Chia
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  3:34:33 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Really really beautiful. Tell us what you decide to knit with it.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  08:43:33 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
That would make a lovely scarf. Beautiful color....

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes

Trina in AZ
Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

730 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  11:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message
Lovely color. You could make a scarf or perhaps a pillow cover.
Go to Top of Page

peskymac
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  08:57:24 AM  Show Profile Send peskymac a Private Message
Monkachia - I used violet cake frosting dye and it separated out on its own. I didn't lift a finger to make it all purty...how cool is that?

Thanks for all your suggestions! I'm still thinking about what to knit. Eventually, I'll make up my mind. *grin*
Go to Top of Page

procrastiknitter
Permanent Resident

Canada
1415 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  09:33:52 AM  Show Profile Send procrastiknitter a Private Message
It's beatutiful. what about a bow knot scarf/seamen's scarf with lace 'tails'?

What would chairs look like if our knees bent the other way?
Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  10:17:20 AM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
That is lovely yarn . I think I'd make something that I'd use daily. A small coin purse or phone cozy.

mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe