Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Tours to take in 2015
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 KnitPicks new shipping rates
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KAC
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
443 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  05:38:36 AM  Show Profile Send KAC a Private Message
Just got an email:

As of January 1, they're raising the minimum for free shipping to $40...but shipping for up to $19.99 is only $1.99, and up to $39.99 is only $3.29.

Kim
http://sanityknit.blogspot.com/
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Bloberry
Chatty Knitter

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  06:28:29 AM  Show Profile Send Bloberry a Private Message
Sounds like a good deal to me!

Come Visit My Blog! - http://bloberry.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  06:38:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
That seems fair. Now, if they would add some more colors to some of the yarns $40 would be easy to reach.....

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  08:28:40 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
I never had trouble hitting the $30 threshold. I'm sure I won't have trouble with $40 either. Heck, my wish list is up to $32 already and I haven't even added the sweater yarn I want to get.
Go to Top of Page

LuvYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  08:38:37 AM  Show Profile Send LuvYarn a Private Message
I agree it will still be easy to reach $40. Yet if I don't the new rates are very low.
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4171 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  09:33:35 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I think they're good rates. I just bought something online where I had to pay both a shipping and a handling fee, which ended up totally about $8 for a cotton top.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  09:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I got the email this morning also. I paid a lot more than that in shipping for other stuff I ordered online.

Making it to the $40 will not be a problem for me either.

=^..^= Debbie [meow] http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  12:20:38 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message
Those are reasonable rates by most standards and I doubt $40 would be a problem for me, either.

M L
Others may ask, "What's in your wallet?" But I ask, "What's on your needles?"
Go to Top of Page

ldbean@charter.net
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  2:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit ldbean@charter.net's Homepage Send ldbean@charter.net a Private Message
I just checked my wishlist and it is over $500!!!! [:00]
Go to Top of Page

twiggyann
Gabber Extraordinaire

427 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  9:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit twiggyann's Homepage Send twiggyann a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ldbean@charter.net

I just checked my wishlist and it is over $500!!!! [:00]

For that, they'll probably hand deliver it to you. heheheh

Lesley

Twig's Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2053 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  05:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
Very reasonable when you think about the cost to ship anything.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

herbandteas
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  1:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit herbandteas's Homepage Send herbandteas a Private Message
Good deal on the lower shipping prices as I wanted to just get a book that I want but if the shipping prices were the same as now I would wait to buy it at a book store instead.

Helaine in Olalla, Wa

Women who behave rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  08:08:57 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
I always made sure my order was over 30. so I could get the free shipping. It won't be difficult to make a purchase 10. higher!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes

Trina in AZ
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  11:42:54 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I think it's great that now if you just want a $1.99 patern you only pay $1.99 shipping. Four bucks for a pattern is not bad.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

SnowPurls
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  4:45:24 PM  Show Profile Send SnowPurls a Private Message
They have the best shipping rate.

Snow
Go to Top of Page

Manicgirl
Chatty Knitter

Sweden
203 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  06:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manicgirl's Homepage Send Manicgirl a Private Message
Now, if only they could start shipping internationally too....It doesn't even have to be free shipping!

Tina
(My blog: http://ulltopia.typepad.com/wooltopia)
Go to Top of Page

imamamaof2
Chatty Knitter

178 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  3:24:41 PM  Show Profile Send imamamaof2 a Private Message
Okay... Does this make sense?? If I want to get free shipping and therefore save $3.99, I have to increase my order to $40. In my warped thinking, I can kinda justify it better if I think of it this way: Isn't it sorta like getting $10 more yarn for $6?? (if you subtract the $4 you'd pay for shipping if the order is UNDER $40.)

You'd probably laugh if I told you I was a math teacher, huh?? Please don't tell.
Go to Top of Page

tejer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  10:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tejer's Homepage Send tejer a Private Message
I was gong to rush and order my yarn for sweaters for my hubby and myself, but then I realized that it will be more than $30 anyway. Actually, more than $40. You can sometimes find free shipping codes for under $30 anyhow (mayeb under $40 now), but their shipping rates are so reasonable that it really is no big deal. Especially considering the amount of yarn you can get for the price.

My blog: http://kristijo.blogs.friendster.com/my_knitting_blog/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2015 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?