Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning Wheels
 Picked up my new wheel!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  1:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
DH and I drove for three hours yesterday to pick up my new-to-me wheel! She is a little sweetie with cutout hearts all over her! I think her name is Gracie as her brand name is Little Grace. She runs so smoothly and sweetly, too.

Such a bargain, though. $NZ200 ($US140) and she came with 10 bobbins (alone worth nearly the $200), a lazy kate, niddy noddy, flick carder, a wide-toothed metal comb and a ball winder (minus the clamp but I'm sure I'll find something here for it). No time today to spin on her but I will set time aside in the very near future to get to know Gracie more intimately!

KathyR

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  1:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
you gots a GREAT deal
wonderful
all these new spinners

!!!

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  1:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Wow - it does sound like a terrific deal!!! Can't wait to see pictures - of her, and what she helps you make! Sounds lovely!!!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  3:11:49 PM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
Sounds like a wonderful deal! Let us know when you post some pictures of Gracie. She sounds lovely.

~KKnitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2393 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  6:53:38 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Congrats! You definitely got a great deal.
Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  11:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
Yes, definately a great deal on your wheel - let's see photos!
All proud Mama's have to show off their kids!

knit with joy-
Teyani

www.http://intrepidfiberwizard.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

spindyerella
Seriously Hooked

601 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  1:22:56 PM  Show Profile Send spindyerella a Private Message
Congrats, Kathy! Please share a picture!
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  4:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
I would love to share pictures but, at the moment, the only way is to email you individually. If you would like, I could do that. Just drop me a PM sometime.

KathyR

Go to Top of Page

spindyerella
Seriously Hooked

601 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  10:23:40 AM  Show Profile Send spindyerella a Private Message
Kathy, I got your e-mail but haven't had a chance to respond. The wheel is simply lovely!! I hope you enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  4:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
Yes, I have been enjoying it - just a little! I spun up a small sample to try it out. I think I will be spinning the Border Leicester for the spinning group project on it as I am in the process of spinning up a Gotland fleece for a jersey for my DH on my Majacraft. Don't really want to split the bobbins between the two projects.

I think there are three bobbins for Gracie which have never been used. These are a little stiff at present and don't want to wind the yarn onto them. I will find my DHs chainsaw file and work away on the inside where the bobbin shaft goes. That should fix those and then I will be away and flying!

KathyR

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe