Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Shawls and Scarves
 Seeking help with Card Trick Illusion Scarf
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elkymama
Seriously Hooked

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  9:03:01 PM  Show Profile Send elkymama a Private Message
The charts that come with this pattern are driving me nuts.
Would anyone have a text version of this pattern? I'd be happy to pay for it or work out a trade.

<http://images.scrippsweb.com/DIY/2004/09/01/Seg_1_-_3_card_trick.pdf

"There's a thin line between hobby & mental illness."

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  8:26:38 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Hi; I clicked on the link and it's not responding. I tried twice & keep getting a 'page cannot be displayed'. Can you repost it a bit differently or am I doing something wrong with this?
mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page

rhys
Chatty Knitter

138 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  12:59:03 PM  Show Profile Send rhys a Private Message
Take off the >
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  9:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
the charts are a little confusing, as they don't tell you which stitches are knit and which are purled, just what colours to use. weird.

cool pattern, though, if I ever have some free time again, I might make it for the illusionist I work for. He loves card tricks...what magician doesn't?

You know, my telepathy would work if I had something to READ!
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

elkymama
Seriously Hooked

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  10:17:43 PM  Show Profile Send elkymama a Private Message
Oops...sorry about putting the bracket on the end of the link. I'll edit my original and correct that.

Kadiddly, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in thinking the charts in this pattern are difficult. Right now I'm working on a skull illusion scarf and I'm beginning to understand how the illusion develops over 4 rows and that the knit and purl stitches are reversed on the pattern rows, however, I just barely understand the technique and translating that card illusion pattern has my brain spinning.

I find text patterns much easier to knit from, especially for illusion patterns. I guess I'll have to look at the card trick pattern again in January.

"There's a thin line between hobby & mental illness."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?