Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Bent bamboo needles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rebeccaL
Seriously Hooked

721 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  10:08:22 AM  Show Profile Send rebeccaL a Private Message
I have some 2mm needles which are bent. Is there a way to get them to straighten back out without breaking them (soaking in water or something?) I just work with them curved but it's sort of annoying.

Rebecca

-------------------------------
Visit my blog at
http://www.spacesheep.com/Fiber/knitblog.html

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  11:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
you can steam them a bit and weight them with a phone book between wax paper....

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  6:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
good question! the same thing happened to a pair of mine, (4.5 mm). I thought I did something to them to make them warp or that maybe it's what happened to bamboo needles after a lot of use, it's one of my first pairs that has had soooo much use.

but all the same I found it a bit annoying, so I am glad to know there is a way to fix it.

Thanks!

"Failure is only an opportunity to begin agian more intellegently."
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  06:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
I just look a my bent needles and smile. One finally broke in half and I kept the pieces to use as aids to hold sts out of the way, if ever needed. Can you tell I never throw anything away? They were my size "0" and the shorter length, which I love. Now I am going to have to buy a new set of the short ones. I have loads of the longer ones. Yes, I have thought of "shortening" one or two of the longer ones.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  09:23:48 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
I have a size 5 16" circular that did the same thing. I just bought an Addi turbo to replace it. I think it just happens.
Go to Top of Page

rebeccaL
Seriously Hooked

721 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  9:24:03 PM  Show Profile Send rebeccaL a Private Message
I solved my problem. Another one broke, so I went out and bought some Inox ones instead. ;) I love the Inox!!

Rebecca

-------------------------------
Visit my blog at
http://www.spacesheep.com/Fiber/knitblog.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth