Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning Wheels
 It's all your fault
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

petiteflower
Chatty Knitter

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  3:51:37 PM  Show Profile Send petiteflower a Private Message
I just aquired my eighth wheel a month ago-a custom built number made in 1983 by D. H. Trevor who I have never heard of and find no info on when searching the internet. It is a handsome devil and an awesome spinner. So...eight wheels, only three cats. I'd say I need to get some more cats!
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  6:19:13 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Vi, that's where we ordered ours and it shipped the day after we ordered - should be here by Thursday. I think that's very good. Did they send you an email confirming shipment?
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  6:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
no they called me.... they said....
they ran out of dt's
( no kidding I almost cried)

but that they had a floor model for 10% off if I wanted that one
I said yes

did I tell you all that already.....I am forgetting a lot lately

how many bobbins shipped with yours? if you don't mind me asking

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  07:19:39 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
No idea how many bobbins - but it better be the same as I've seen on all the other sites. Certainly that's standard. (Caseysmom got one from Webs, too, and she has hers already) Should get the bobbins and the lazy kate and whatever else it normally ships with. I've never seen one advertised as JUST the wheel.

I'm so sorry they ran out of dt's just when you ordered yours but the 10% off is good (especially when they were one of those who had the lowest prices to begin with). You should get a tracking number so you can watch it wing its way towards your home. I'll let you know when we get ours.

I ordered some fiber, too, that should be here before Christmas and we're going to stop at a Borders on our way home from work one night this week so I have some idea of what to do with everything. I hope everyone is available over the holidays cause I have a feeling I'm going to have a ton of questions :(
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  07:27:15 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Vi, I just posted a question to Caseymom and elsie99 (who also got wheels from Webs) under "Wheels coming!" asking what came with their wheels.
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  07:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
Yes I saw that.....
I am assuming it does.... or we'd have heard..someone would have posted.

and don't be sorry for me, I am thrilled!.....I got 10% AND a wheel I have wanted for over a year....
broken in no less.

after 10 minutes here with MR thaddeaus peabody....it will have that 'time worn patina' and a few tooth marks.....

plus,
it will be dragged through pastures and barns ( my spin group spins at farm tour....)

vi

Go to Top of Page

kitkatknit
Chatty Knitter

184 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  4:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit kitkatknit's Homepage Send kitkatknit a Private Message
Pics of my third wheel (the 1890's Norwegian wheel) are now posted to my blog ->

http://spaces.msn.com/members/joyofspin/

Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  4:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
that is a very nice wheel and that was SOME party.....
hahahaha
sorry about the 35's

vi
who also liked the starry night yarn

Go to Top of Page

Magnicmax
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  9:49:04 PM  Show Profile Send Magnicmax a Private Message
Yikes! Webs is out of Lendrum DT's already! I do hope that box sitting upstairs is a DT (it says WEBS on the box and I asked dh for it for Christmas). They had a good price, I figured they would sell out sometime before Christmas. Hey, an extra ten percent is awesome! I'm sure you will be getting your new toy soon.

Go to Top of Page

Magnicmax
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  9:59:25 PM  Show Profile Send Magnicmax a Private Message
Are you all trying to tell me that this wheel may be my first, but not my last??? Sounds like "you can't stop at just one"........

Donna in RI
she knits, spins and blogs
http://donnaknitsandspins.tripod.com/
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  06:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
donna, I am not telling you that.....

( from the woman who now has 4 cats and 7 chickens and was only looking for one kitten...... and is getting a goatie and a sheepie........)

all my friends in spin group all only have one wheel apeice....

vi

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?