Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Just Getting Started - Beginning to Spin
 My first time - pics!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frannybee
Warming Up

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  2:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frannybee's Homepage Send Frannybee a Private Message
Jeni of Fyberspates fame provided me with a spindle and some gorgeous roving to play with this week. I'm going to a spinning workshop in January and was keen to get started spinning beforehand. Well, I've had a ball! My roving is no more and my first yarn is drying after having a good soak. It's overspun in quite a few places, but overall I'm very pleased with how it's turned out. Isn't the colourway lovely? The shot on the spindle isn't very true to the real colours.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/frannybee/setting2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/frannybee/VirginSpinningExperience.jpg[/img]

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  3:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
MMMM...purps and pinks - my favorite!

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  5:13:40 PM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
I think it looks pretty good and I love the colorway! It also looks pretty even, way better than my first yarn!
firymist
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  7:42:34 PM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
good job! And what lovely colors! It's fun, isn't it??

~KKnitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

Yarnni
Permanent Resident

Canada
1021 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  06:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yarnni's Homepage Send Yarnni a Private Message
How beautiful! Did you dye it yourself? I'm not a spinner, so the whole process is pretty magical to me.

Yarnni
www.knitwerx.com
Go to Top of Page

Frannybee
Warming Up

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  07:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frannybee's Homepage Send Frannybee a Private Message
I didn't dye it, that was Jeni from Fyberspates. I had so much fun doing it I couldn't wait to get it finished and set. I spent 6 hours volunteering at a sick children's party yesterday and was exhausted when I got home, but I picked up the spindle again as soon as I got in the door. [:00]
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  08:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Very nice! Welcome to the almost evilly addictive wonderful world of spinning!

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Magnicmax
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  6:44:49 PM  Show Profile Send Magnicmax a Private Message
Frannyb your yarn looks lovely! Awesome colors! I can't wait to get my wheel so I can spin away! I have been getting frustrated at my spindle lately. After I went to my local spinner group and saw all those wheels I lost interest in the spindle[**]
Go to Top of Page

CatherineM
Permanent Resident

USA
3363 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  6:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit CatherineM's Homepage Send CatherineM a Private Message
Lovely colors, my favorites - but do you have any idea how many pervert googles this topic is going to get? I nearly fell off my chair - MY, KR has gotten interesting!

Catherine
http://www.yorkiedog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.