Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Webs bamboo interchangeables
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnittinMomma
New Pal

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  08:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnittinMomma's Homepage Send KnittinMomma a Private Message
Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, I can't get the search to work for me, my computer keeps timing out... I looked through and didn't see what I wanted just glancing at the posts.

Anyway, does anyone have the bamboo interchangeable set from Web's? I looked at the Plymouth also, but the one I saw only has sizes 5-10, where the Webs has 5-15 and the case, etc. I haven't seen too many people talking about it and I just wondered what everyone thinks.

Thanks!

Melissa

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2356 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  09:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message
I have one, and I like it. I do wish they had longer cords available, though, like Denise makes available as a separate purchase.

Shelia
www.letstalkstash.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KnittinMomma
New Pal

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  09:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnittinMomma's Homepage Send KnittinMomma a Private Message
I don't normally do afghans, only an occasional baby afghan, so I don't normally need any longer cords, so that shouldn't be a problem for me. I've thought about the Denise set, but I really like bamboo alot.
Thanks for the input!
Anyone else have any likes/dislikes?

Melissa

My Blog!
www.eightpointsofdeath.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MoonKnitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
247 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  10:05:37 AM  Show Profile Send MoonKnitter a Private Message
I have this set (only up to 10.5) and LOVE it! The bamboo is similar to Crystal Palace and the cords definitely soften up over time and use. (I also steamed a couple of mine.) Additionally, Webs has great customer service if you should ever break or lose a piece. I highly recommend!
Go to Top of Page

HellaHelen
Chatty Knitter

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  10:16:43 AM  Show Profile Send HellaHelen a Private Message
I really want to get this set someday. . . maybe with some of my Christmas & birthday money I'm getting this month! I don't know if I can justify buying myself a Webs bamboo needle set AND a swift & winder, though. . .

Helen
Go to Top of Page

kdavies
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  4:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdavies's Homepage  Send kdavies a Yahoo! Message Send kdavies a Private Message
I got the set from Plymouths...they are supposedly both made by Plymouth, but I had a lot of problems with my first set and the same problems with my replacement set, so I don't use them at all anymore. The biggest annoyance is the needles unscrewing, but the first set a couple of them stripped and I swear I didn't overtighten them or anything.

Maybe there is a difference, though between those and the Web's set.

Kathy
Knitting Noodles

The Lord says: "Get ready to be Amazed, for I will do great things; you would not believe them if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Chatty Knitter

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  3:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintage's Homepage Send vintage a Private Message
If you are looking for the Webs Interchangeable needle set, I have them on my website, and they are 20% off until the end of the month. The coupon code can be found on the specials page, and also on the front page of my catalogue.

Vintage Knits Wool Shoppe
www.vintageknits.net
admin@vintageknits.net
Go to Top of Page

Savitar
Chatty Knitter

311 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  11:30:22 AM  Show Profile Send Savitar a Private Message
Where is the code on the specials page? I just looked and can't find it. Apparently ordering several hundred dollars of yarn from WEBS a year isn't enough to get me a catalogue either! And I just placed an order, too.
Deon
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Chatty Knitter

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  1:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintage's Homepage Send vintage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Savitar

Where is the code on the specials page? I just looked and can't find it. Apparently ordering several hundred dollars of yarn from WEBS a year isn't enough to get me a catalogue either! And I just placed an order, too.
Deon

Deon,

Here is the code for the 20% off discount c2872f1372
This discount expires 12/31/05.

www.vintageknits.net
admin@vintageknits.net
Go to Top of Page

Savitar
Chatty Knitter

311 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  12:00:23 PM  Show Profile Send Savitar a Private Message
Sorry for taking long to say "thanks" for posting the code. Is it for the interchangeable set only; other needles too; or ... everything? That's a bit much to hope for, I know!
Deon
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Chatty Knitter

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  4:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintage's Homepage Send vintage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Savitar

Sorry for taking long to say "thanks" for posting the code. Is it for the interchangeable set only; other needles too; or ... everything? That's a bit much to hope for, I know!
Deon

Deon,

Everything is on sale through the end of the year. The discount coupon is good for all products.

www.vintageknits.net
admin@vintageknits.net
Go to Top of Page

Savitar
Chatty Knitter

311 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  11:43:47 AM  Show Profile Send Savitar a Private Message
I just got an e-mail from WEBS stating that they do not have a 20% off discount code, and thus did not apply it to my order [actually, they cancelled my order, and didn't seem very happy that I had this code. They are very "curious" about it.] Has anyone else tried this code and it worked? Now I'm the one that's curious! And I was looking forward to those interchangeable needles, too.
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  12:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
Deon, the code is for vintageknits.net. And it's still good!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Savitar
Chatty Knitter

311 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  12:21:40 PM  Show Profile Send Savitar a Private Message
Well, now I feel like an idiot! No wonder it didn't work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe