Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Favorite Yarns
 Dissed...but Missed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lyndyn@yahoo.com

USA
Posted - 12/13/2005 :  6:22:35 PM  Show Profile Send lyndyn@yahoo.com a Private Message
Hi, all. What is your favorite discontinued yarn? I had just discovered Patons Bumblebee and LO...it is gone!

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  6:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Gotta be Berroco Pleasure. How could they disco it????

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

Dicksie
Permanent Resident

USA
1995 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  7:22:58 PM  Show Profile Send Dicksie a Private Message
I really liked Rowan's Designer DK (DDK). I've never found a comparable yarn and I have a jillion patterns that utilized it.
Dicksie

http://tourdirector.smugmug.com/gallery/529635
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2671 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  8:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
Schachenmayr Marabu!

Luann

Knit and let knit!
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  07:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
It's a tie between Berroco Pleasure (sinfully delicious) and Lion Brand Cotton Ease (pretty and practical).

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

LittleMousling
Permanent Resident

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  07:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit LittleMousling's Homepage Send LittleMousling a Private Message
Cherry Tree Hill's Possum Laceweight, hands down. Siiiigh ....

-Molly, obsessive but not exclusive socknitter
Stash photos and some FOs
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  08:31:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Jaeger Cashair. Never mind that it cost $12,000 a skein, I still miss it. Seconded by Berroco Pleasure.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  08:56:16 AM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
Rowanspun 4-ply. Since the clearance sales began, I have accumulated 5 bags of it....

--------
You are about to be told one more time that you are America’s most valuable natural resource. Have you seen what they do to valuable natural resources? -Utah Phillips, addressing a group of young people

Poetry reading group: http://crazylanea.typepad.com/eating_poetry/
Go to Top of Page

JayhawkKnitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
910 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  12:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit JayhawkKnitter's Homepage Send JayhawkKnitter a Private Message
Rowan Magpie, hands down. I scour eBay for it all the time and recently picked up 9 skeins, matching dyelots. SCORE!

Check out my blog!

http://www.knittinhoney.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

lyndyn@yahoo.com

USA
Posted - 12/14/2005 :  3:27:42 PM  Show Profile Send lyndyn@yahoo.com a Private Message
Ebay is def. the Knitters Secret Weapon!
Go to Top of Page

knit_cookie
Gabber Extraordinaire

388 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  5:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit knit_cookie's Homepage Send knit_cookie a Private Message
I am obsessed with Chamonix.
Go to Top of Page

samsgrams
Chatty Knitter

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  11:02:53 AM  Show Profile Send samsgrams a Private Message
Rachelknitter - I also just bought some of the Rowan 4 ply but can't decide what to do with it, other than my usual cable sweater - what are you planning?

samsgrams
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  11:19:58 AM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
You mean I need a plan for it??

Um, well, I knit a Leaf Lace Shawl with some of it. Other than that, I don't know. My guess is some Rowan or Jaeger cardis, since they're about the only companies that make patterns for that gauge....Nothing definite yet, though.

--------
You are about to be told one more time that you are America’s most valuable natural resource. Have you seen what they do to valuable natural resources? -Utah Phillips, addressing a group of young people

Poetry reading group: http://crazylanea.typepad.com/eating_poetry/
Go to Top of Page

bbuttercup8
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  12:45:58 PM  Show Profile Send bbuttercup8 a Private Message
How many of you remember Melrose Cravenela? Is there anything similar on the market? Just took my old BOND knitting machine out of
our storage unit. I have an urge to make my granddaughter a last minute skirt for Christmas.
I have shirt patterns galore.
Any yarn suggestions?

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

samsgrams
Chatty Knitter

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  6:12:23 PM  Show Profile Send samsgrams a Private Message
Would you believe I still have some Cravenella in my stash - a few skeins of white and some red. PM me if anyone is interested, since I probably won't use them after all this time.

samsgrams
Go to Top of Page

msgb
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
531 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  11:29:46 AM  Show Profile Send msgb a Private Message
love Berroco Pleasure. What a pleasure to knit with and feel and wear. So sorry to see it go.
Go to Top of Page

angelsmom
Chatty Knitter

206 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  05:12:05 AM  Show Profile Send angelsmom a Private Message
For those of you who love Berocco Pleasure, I have a question please.
I have 9 balls of it and want to make a sweater but can't find a suitable pattern.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks,
Mary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by