Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 any teenge guys????
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HighestPeak
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  3:21:56 PM  Show Profile Send HighestPeak a Private Message
ive yet to meet a guy my age that knits.....im not dating(im a female)
i just get along with guys better than girls....im sorta a tom-boy.....but anyways,my knitting goal is to teach a guy to knit....and i want to know how most guys would feel about knitting.........bree

The Irish Ewe
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  07:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Irish Ewe's Homepage Send The Irish Ewe a Private Message
My 13 year old son, Andrew, knits, crochets, spins, weaves, and does needlework. He's found it a great way to express himself, and make new friends when he knits in public.

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
http://www.TheIrishEwe.com
Go to Top of Page

HighestPeak
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  09:03:26 AM  Show Profile Send HighestPeak a Private Message
thats awesome!!!!.....my brothers have no intrest whatsoever
Go to Top of Page

knittingdiva
Gabber Extraordinaire

394 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  11:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittingdiva's Homepage Send knittingdiva a Private Message
This is going to sound evil, but my brother was most interested (as was my dad) when I told them that I just didn't think they'd understand how knitting worked (such a lie...) but now they understand the basics. :)

http://sometimesatypical.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  12:04:17 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
There's a young guy I met (he's in his early twenties, I think) who's been learning to knit just to make his girlfriend a Marvin doll (from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) for Christmas! I sure hope he keeps it up, but I don't know. I think this is only his short term goal.

WendyB
Knit to your heart's delight.
Go to Top of Page

HighestPeak
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  07:29:17 AM  Show Profile Send HighestPeak a Private Message
lol
Go to Top of Page

Falas
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  11:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Falas's Homepage Send Falas a Private Message
I knit. I'm currently 21. I started knitting when I was about 19.
Depending on the guy, teaching wouldn't be hard.
I'm not much of an ordinary guy. Since I would rather stay home and knit something while watching a movie than being out and partying.
Though it does hurt my social life with the girls...
*sigh*
Go to Top of Page

sandrasingh
Seriously Hooked

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  05:28:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandrasingh's Homepage Send sandrasingh a Private Message
Falas find your local knitting store and sign up for a class or two, you'll probably be the only guy enrolled (or at least one of the few) and you'll surrounded by women of all ages!

Do I sound like Dear Abby?!

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  06:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
My 18 and 20 year old sons knit. The 18 yo spins, the 20 yo tats. Both of them also weave, whether on finger, floor or table looms. It was around when they were growing up, and they tried it and liked it. Now the 18 yo gives impromptu knitting lessons at school, the 20 yo is teaching his shipmates, and I miss having them dig through my stash to find the yarns/fiber for their next project. It gives a new meaning to 'empty nest syndrome'!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Cat Loving Knitter
New Pal

22 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  05:16:13 AM  Show Profile Send Cat Loving Knitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Irish Ewe

My 13 year old son, Andrew, knits, crochets, spins, weaves, and does needlework. He's found it a great way to express himself, and make new friends when he knits in public.

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
http://www.TheIrishEwe.com

Wow, thats so cool that he can do all those things! Especially at that age!

I'm teaching myself to knit, and I'll be 13 this September (My goal is to master knitting before then).

Meow! >^_^<
Go to Top of Page

HoJo
Permanent Resident

USA
1474 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  07:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit HoJo's Homepage Send HoJo a Private Message
Prince Eats-a-lotta who is 12, knits and sews. He makes all his gifts for his teachers. When he was in boy scouts, he earned extra money sewing patches for all his friends whose moms' didn't sew. Now he knits "blankies" for some of the kids he babysits. His favorite is kool aid dyeing yarn and then knitting it up. He also like to wet and needle felt.

He also (with help from me) is machine embroidering pin towels for his traveling baseball team to take to Cooperstown this August when the team plays at the Baseball Hall of Fame. This has made him quite popular with his teammates. (a pin towel is for trading pins with the other teams - gives you a place to hold the pins. we're embroidering team name, player name and number on each towel).

HoJo

Visit us at: www.fullthreadahead.com
Yarn for the mind, body, and soul

My blog: www.fullthreadahead.com/blog
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  07:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Bree, just wanted to caution you to be careful. Many would like to believe that knitters are all higher life-forms than others, but the truth is that this is an open forum that anyone can read (must be registered to post, but not to read) and stating your age and that you're looking for friends is really putting yourself out there.

Please be careful of anyone who approaches you and wants to get to know you. We want young knitters like you to have only good experiences!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  09:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
My 43 year old husband just started knitting, and now my 16 year old and 10 year old sons want to learn to knit and/or spin. Having a pretty girl interested in knitting or spinning with him would sure hike the 16 year old's interest! He's in the middle of a scarf he's making for himself.

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

NuttyKnitter101
Chatty Knitter

338 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  6:35:14 PM  Show Profile Send NuttyKnitter101 a Private Message
we started a knitting club at my school this year and we had a guy from our XC team join. He wasn't as into knitting as the rest of us were, but he did knit several scarves.

Not every Mary in the world has a lamb like mine
Go to Top of Page

CoffeeGirl
New Pal

9 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  7:46:07 PM  Show Profile Send CoffeeGirl a Private Message
I've had quite a few of my guy friends asked me to teach them to knit last winter when they saw what I made! They're all about 20 (I'm going to be a senior in college). I think knitting could be an awsome way to meet girls or at least impress them a lot!
Go to Top of Page

aranworld
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  10:53:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit aranworld's Homepage Send aranworld a Private Message
I learned to knit when I was 14, and am still at it at the age of 32.

http://www.aranworld.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?