Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Errata in Knitting Patterns
 Hip Knit Hats errata
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pianogal
Seriously Hooked

629 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  2:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit pianogal's Homepage Send pianogal a Private Message
I'm knitting a hat and just found several mistakes. In one case, the number of stitches you're supposed to have is *less* than before the increases. Also, for a hat where you're supposed to knit for a total of 6 inches of rise, the pattern says to knit in one color for 4 inches and another color for 6 inches, which would make a giant 10-inch rise. I'm wondering if Cathy Carron has released any errata?

http://abeginningknitter.blogspot.com

momquilts1
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  7:52:27 PM  Show Profile Send momquilts1 a Private Message
I haven't seen any corrections for this book yet. I am a fairly new knitter, but I loved the hats in this book. That said, the first one I Cosima, drove me crazy until I realized that everytime she said M1 she actually wants you to Kfb, that was quite a revelation to me- I need to read the pattern abbreviations every time!!! I also had to redraft the ear flaps on that hat so that the decreases were symetrical. I have made 5 hats so far in the 2 weeks I have owned this book, but each one I have tweaked a little. Which one are you doing?

Cindy in IL
Go to Top of Page

pianogal
Seriously Hooked

629 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  9:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit pianogal's Homepage Send pianogal a Private Message
Exactly! Her make-one is actually the knit front and back. I just did the Vita (where I found the errata). The pattern said that I would have 48 stitches before the increases and 40 afterwards. Also, I noticed that in other patterns, wrong colors were sometimes listed as being used in the pictures.

I do like the wrap method, it's kind of like the Turkish cast-on.

http://abeginningknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.98 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?